I bought a rat 5 now what keyboard

What keyboard to get with a rat 5 gaming mouse?

• Corsair k90

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • corsair k60

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I'd avoid the blackwidow ultimate. It's QC leaves a lot to be desired compared to other mechanical keyboards of the same price range, and its anti-ghosting is comparatively pathetic even when going head to head with the lowly Sidewinder X4 let alone a mechanical in its own price range.

it is a nice enough keyboard. works well but there are better for the same or less money.
the storm trigger for example. well built reasonable 6key anti ghosting. no gimmicks like optimized gaming matrix... wth razor... http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/Trigger/
well worth a look.
i would also recomend the qpad mk 50 or 80 but you have to buy direct from q-pad if you want a specific key type which raises the cost dramatically.
i was lucky i got the mk 85 for £99.99 normally it retails at £30-£50 more ex P'n'p...
if you can find 1 at or less than i payed i would say get it although it does as do many mechanical keyboards have an issue with uefi bios motherboards.
1 other brand genrally available is the thermaltake e-sports. meka, meka g, or meka g unit. again ranging in price with a good solid cherry black linear key.

the black widow is shameful. how razer managed to sell it in such numbers just shows how gullible some people are. as far as mechanical keyboards go stay well clear of any current razer products even there newest 1. they just released a new 1 with the same game optimized matrix that has the same flaw as the previous 1 but offers an extra 3-4 keys on the anti ghosting. its the gaming matrix that actually makes the razer keyboards particularly poor. if they didnt have it it would be a reasonably ok keyboard and even i would recommend it, if it was a lot cheaper and built better.
to me razer have took a huge dump on there patrons by producing a lot of sub par products instead of living up to there rep they are dragging it into the gutter.

michaelxps

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Hey man, I have a few different choices for you hear. Choice is yours but i TRULY believe these are the best ways to go from reviewing what my cousin does and hes been into PC gaming for a VERY long time.

Logitech G510 OR Logitech G19, I personally like the logitech G510 better because it has more hot keys and its a little cheaper
with both these you can:
-change the lighting on the keyboard
-change the macro buttons, very good with MMO's if you play those
-they have mini screens ON them so you can see you stats as you play, news, CPU/RAM, and other things as well
- very comfortable for your wrists
- can plug in headphones/mics/or speakers

here is a link of the logitech G510, only thing thats dif. about G19 is its more pricey and the LCD screen on it is taller but not wider
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech+-+G510+Gaming+Keyboard/1260789.p?id=1218243760915&skuId=1260789&st=logitech G510&cp=1&lp=1

ah! sorry about that i thought you had enough to make a choice... as you mentioned the K90 as being an option. and the average price of 99.99 with delivery. although it can be had for about £15 cheaper if you shop about.
wile scan an others have the rapid in for under 70 http://www.scan.co.uk/products/coolermaster-cm-storm-quickfire-rapid-mechanical-cherry-red-mx-gaming-keyboard?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=google+shopping

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/coolermaster-storm-quickfire-pro-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-with-partial-red-led-backlight-on

the trigger is a nice option but for the difference in price i wouldnt say its better. due to the fact it doesnt have nkrol (all key anti ghost) only 6krol it costs more because its fully backlit. it does have full backlighting but thats less important than actual key function although 6 krol is perfectly fine if you dont play teken or other kinds of games that require more than six key presses... there aint many so 6 is often enough.

i would highly recommend the rapid and pro though and you can order which key type you want between red/black and brown. blue doesnt seem to be an option as they are already pretty clicky anyway no matter what version you get.(reason for this is coming from dome and plunger keyboards we tend to bottom out the keys and it takes an age b4 we adjust if at all.
so mechanicals clack rather than have the click clack of the blue keys which has an added click)

some people like bells and whistles over REAL functionality and build quality... do you wanna tell him that his keyboard will be lucky to last 3 years due to the wear and tear on the domes which have a life of 2-3million clicks as opposed to the 15-50 million of a mechanical switch.

you may think 2-3million clicks is a lot. but even in these 2 small aragraphhs there is over 25 letter A's even more E's so you can see potentially how quick a million or 3 keypresses could run out.

your not wrong. its a worthy buy for any 1 that cant or wont shell out for a mechanical keyboard. but the fact is the price of really well made mechanicals is comming down every day. they may not have back lighting or things like usb but they are robust and in general much better for the basics of typing and user feedback.
personally i would rather advise sum1 to spend £60 on a basic mechanical keyboard than 45 on a keyboard that has lights usb mic and audio jacks but has a short life due to the manufacturer putting lots of bells and whistles on what is essentially a keyboard that is made with a short lifespan in mind.

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

Im in us

lol no.... like there mice they have poor build quality and even worse quality control...
you may have gotten a mouse you like off em but there keyboards are definatly something to avoid...
if you want a decent keyboard but dont want the xpence of a mechanical then get the sidewinder x4 it really is second to none in the dome keyboard market. well maybe the logitech g110 but hey there the same money and both are reasonable.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Logitech wishes the G110 was as good as the Sidewinder X4. The Microsoft keyboard has twice the anti-ghosting of the Logitech alternative. Logitech keyboards should be strictly limited to people who like lights, lcd screens, and have no qualms with lackluster build quality or relevant technology incorporation. I don't mean that as a sickburn directed at Logitech keyboard users or anything. A lot of people care more about things like variable backlighting and LCD screens than they would about key switch type or longevity or anti-ghosting, and that is literally why Logitech sells a ton of keyboards. It's all consumer choice in the end.

cant disagree but i did have the logitech g11 and it was perfectly ok even though it only has 6krol/antighost. your rite in that i did buy it in part for for the back lighting and the 1 thing the g11 offered that the x4 didnt was the usb pass though which i did actually need to connect my pen/tablet to and was what swung it for me.
usb pass though and back lighting played a big part in me buying my mk85 also, but this time i wanted full nkrol as well.
so yeah the x4 may well have good antighost, but if it doesnt have the features required by the buyer then its not good enough.
the g110 doesnt have any lcd screens and i certainly wouldn't say its a selling point as stuff like that is only added when the keyboard has nothing else to offer over the competition. but thats by the by. i only recommend the g110 because i had the g11 and like i say it did the job and is a slight advancement on the g11 but no real major difference. i know its well built solid feeling, with usb passthough and overall worth the money for the features you get..

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Surely true, but when it comes to which technology is more relevant in keyboard performance, I think we can all agree to weigh anti-ghosting ahead of backlighting or perhaps USB ports. That was what I was getting at :) .