Question I bought a used HP DC5000 without the recovery disks. Where can I find a Windows XP disk and can I use product key that is on the pc?

Feb 15, 2019
Finding it for sale on EBay in and of itself is a red flag. You need to contact HP Support to find out what your options are.

-Wolf sends
I did a support chat with HP last night and the DC5000 is no longer supported. I was able however able to download a bunch of drivers, but came up empty in regard to recovery media.

Feb 15, 2019
I figured that it wouldn't be supported any longer, but I would have hoped they'd have given you alternatives to try.

-Wolf sends
I don't get how HP still has drivers to download, but no software. I need XP to run Mach3 program. Will try to contact Microsoft and see what I can do there. HP said to call Bestbuy or Staples, but no luck there either. Thanks.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
IIRC I recall reading something or seeing a video regarding XP being available as a 'freeware' version since it has long been out of support. The issue that I see wouldn't be so much finding the ISO, but that updates and such are a thing long gone. I am also unsure how you would bypass it's desire to want to register, unless it's one of those "dirty word" versions.

I found this is a quick search but cannot comment on the safety or workability of it.