[SOLVED] i bought and activated windows 10 pro with a 1,50$ key from aliexpress, there will be problems in the future because i used a non-retail licence?

Solution
i'm talking about oem licenses, im sure the majority of windows 10 owners have activated his windows with an oem license and the most never had problems

if microsoft finds out that my windows is activated with an oem license, i hope only lose those 1,50$
The OEM license concept only counts with a prebuilt system.
Microsoft changed the rules a LOT with Win 10. "OEM" no longer means what you think it means.

There is no magical 'cheap'.

USAFRet

Titan
That's not even "non-retail".
That is completely bogus .

Problems? Might easily become Unactivated.

Licensed software is little different than hardware. It costs what it costs.
$1.50 for a Windows 10 license is like finding 16GB RAM for $1,50. You'd run away laughing, knowing it was a scam.

At the very least, you might be facilitating money laundering.

BrokenKB

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
That's not even "non-retail".
That is completely bogus .

Problems? Might easily become Unactivated.

Licensed software is little different than hardware. It costs what it costs.
$1.50 for a Windows 10 license is like finding 16GB RAM for $1,50. You'd run away laughing, knowing it was a scam.

At the very least, you might be facilitating money laundering.
looks like a lot of people buy those keys to activate windows, i only care about my information and hope never to lose it

BrokenKB

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
You really believe those sales number at Ali?
"a lot of people" == a lot of fake accounts.

Sorry, but there is no shortcut or magically cheap price for licensed software. Or hardware.
i'm talking about oem licenses, im sure the majority of windows 10 owners have activated his windows with an oem license and the most never had problems

if microsoft finds out that my windows is activated with an oem license, i hope only lose those 1,50$

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i got the key, let see if it works for a long time

So, in other words, you didn't actually want advice, you just wanted people to bless what you were going to do in any case.

Congratulations on helping facilitate money laundering and theft. Congratulations on being part of the reason why software companies are now less willing than ever to sell inexpensive versions that people in poorer countries are able to afford.

If thieves ever get a hold of your credit card number and start buying stuff or your PC ever gets taken over by ransomware, remember at that moment that you aided people like that.

USAFRet

Titan

The OEM license concept only counts with a prebuilt system.
Microsoft changed the rules a LOT with Win 10. "OEM" no longer means what you think it means.

There is no magical 'cheap'.

Solution

BrokenKB

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
So, in other words, you didn't actually want advice, you just wanted people to bless what you were going to do in any case.

Congratulations on helping facilitate money laundering and theft. Congratulations on being part of the reason why software companies are now less willing than ever to sell inexpensive versions that people in poorer countries are able to afford.

If thieves ever get a hold of your credit card number and start buying stuff or your PC ever gets taken over by ransomware, remember at that moment that you aided people like that.
what are you talking about? i never asked for advice, i only wondered if i could lose information or even brick my pc by using an oem license, and looks like it doesn´t

i can't afford 200$ to remove an annoying watermark, sorry for 'thiefing', but my only way to do it is buy a key

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS