Question I bought RAM that is to fast for motherboard

Blueflare

Honorable
Sep 15, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have an Asus Prime H610M-E D4 which I bought 32GB of RAM @ 3600mhz. But I think the motherboard will not support this speed. When I boot up I get the Bios screen telling me to go into setup, I make no changes and reboot and it shuts down and fires up again into Bios.
If I click on Boot order it then loads into Windows. Bios still show the old 16GB RAM but Windows is reporting 32GB. Everything is working fine and using the new Ram,

Except when I boot the pc again it goes through the same cycle of asking for Bios setup.

So 2 questions, how can I get it to boot normally again? and will this Overspeed of RAM cause any issues?
Do I have to go back to the shop and get the correct speed (the shop is miles away)

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
What processor are you working with on that motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? Can you pass on a link to your ram kit? Your board should still be able to do DDR4-3200MHz...depending on the processor paired with the board.

On second thoughts, please pass the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If you've performed an upgrade to your build, please list a before and after of your specs. On that note, if it is an upgrade, did you migrate the OS drive to said upgrade?

Last edited:

Blueflare

Honorable
Sep 15, 2016
What processor are you working with on that motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard? Can you pass on a link to your ram kit? Your baord should still be able to do DDR4-3200MHz...depending on the processor paired with the board.

On second thoughts, please pass the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If you've performed an upgrade to your build, please list a before and after of your specs. On that note, if it is an upgrade, did you migrate the OS drive to said upgrade?

From what i have researched I can put in 32gb @3200, but i have put in 3600.

My specs are:
I5 - 12400F 12th Gen - Up to 4.40 GHz

Gigabyte Geforce RTZ 3060 12gb

Prime H610M-E D4 (LGA1700)

Corsair RW650

1TB SSD

When I boot up I get the Bios screen telling me to go into setup, I make no changes and reboot and it shuts down and fires up again into Bios.
If I click on Boot order it then loads into Windows. Bios still show the old 16GB RAM but Windows is reporting 32GB.
Please show screenshots - BIOS and windows.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Also show screenshots from CPU-Z - memory and spd sections and
Task Manager - performance/memory section.

Blueflare

Honorable
Sep 15, 2016
I managed to exchange the Ram sticks from where i purchased them, so I put in 2x16gb @3200 and everything is working normally now.

So it looks like the speed of 3600 was the problem.

Thanks for the help on this.