Question I bought samsung 970 pro nvme ssd but...

USAFRet

Titan
im using laptop msi ge72mvr 7rg apache pro from sandisk extreme ssd using type c to my system C m.2 samsung 970 pro
Performance is dictated by the slowest device in the chain, not the fastest.

Here, you're reading from a SATA III SSD, through USB C, into the laptop and the 970 Pro.

It will never be faster than the SanDisk SATA drive can serve up, or the USB C bandwidth will allow.

There is nothing to fix, there is nothing to 'unlock'.
Everything is working just as it should be.

Reactions: playful_joker
Jul 22, 2019
Performance is dictated by the slowest device in the chain, not the fastest.

Here, you're reading from a SATA III SSD, through USB C, into the laptop and the 970 Pro.

It will never be faster than the SanDisk SATA drive can serve up, or the USB C bandwidth will allow.

There is nothing to fix, there is nothing to 'unlock'.
Everything is working just as it should be.
If I were to put this in my system(PC) i mean the ssds do you have something to recommend to maximize this ssds? I mean what should I look for? Thanks!

USAFRet

Titan
If I were to put this in my system(PC) i mean the ssds do you have something to recommend to maximize this ssds? I mean what should I look for? Thanks!
Entirely unsure of what you're asking here.

If you were to put the SanDisk SSD in your system, and copy to or from that to the 970 Pro....the overall performance will still be dictated by how fast the SanDisk SATA III SSD can read or write.

That's the way it works.

Garden hose and fire hose.
The SanDisk is the garden hose, and the 970 is the fire hose.
No matter how big the fire hose is, if it is being fed by the garden hose...you will never get more than a trickle out of the firehose.
In either direction.

Jul 22, 2019
Entirely unsure of what you're asking here.

If you were to put the SanDisk SSD in your system, and copy to or from that to the 970 Pro....the overall performance will still be dictated by how fast the SanDisk SATA III SSD can read or write.

That's the way it works.

Garden hose and fire hose.
The SanDisk is the garden hose, and the 970 is the fire hose.
No matter how big the fire hose is, if it is being fed by the garden hose...you will never get more than a trickle out of the firehose.
In either direction.
Sorry I was referring a mobo in the market. since my last build was 2011. And its been awhile since i touch the pc market.
proc: i7-2600@3.4ghz
mobo: p67 sabertooth
ram: 24gb
gfx: gtx970

USAFRet

Titan
Sorry I was referring a mobo in the market. since my last build was 2011. And its been awhile since i touch the pc market.
proc: i7-2600@3.4ghz
mobo: p67 sabertooth
ram: 24gb
gfx: gtx970

A 970 Pro would be completely wasted in that motherboard.

No M.2 port at all, and the PCIe slots are 2.0.
That board absolutely cannot utilize that drive to its full speed.