Question i bought WIndows 7 Ultimate OEM key online can i format the ssd and reuse it?

Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
hello i bought WIndows 7 Ultimate OEN key online on one of this key shops sites ther key worked. but in case my disk fails i wanted to understand fully how this oem key works? and if i can format the disk install windows 7 ultimate (on the same pc) and use the same code? i ran this cmd commend that tells you what key you have and it said retail if im not wrong but i bought oem key..

i would like somebody to please clerify how it works becasue i know that windows 10 key for example sticks to the mothermoard but i also seen oem keys for windows 10 i would like to know about these too becasue on new computers i just find cheap windows 10 key on these sites and alwyas get the retail option and it always works

Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
also speaking of that, i have old hp 8200 sff with windows 7 home sticker on it. can i re use its code? / how?

USAFRet

Titan
hello i bought WIndows 7 Ultimate OEN key online on one of this key shops sites ther key worked. but in case my disk fails i wanted to understand fully how this oem key works? and if i can format the disk install windows 7 ultimate (on the same pc) and use the same code? i ran this cmd commend that tells you what key you have and it said retail if im not wrong but i bought oem key..

i would like somebody to please clerify how it works becasue i know that windows 10 key for example sticks to the mothermoard but i also seen oem keys for windows 10 i would like to know about these too becasue on new computers i just find cheap windows 10 key on these sites and alwyas get the retail option and it always works
With cheap licenses, there is no guarantee of current or future viability.
OEM is indeed tied to the first motherboard it is installed on. This goes for Win 7, 10, whatever.

also speaking of that, i have old hp 8200 sff with windows 7 home sticker on it. can i re use its code? / how?
No you cannot. That is OEM, and tied to that original HP system.

Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
and also about my original quesstion what happens if i upgrade cpu on that pc from i5 to i7 and adding gpu on the pc with the new key?

USAFRet

Titan
In the eyes of Microsoft, the motherboard is the key component.

You can change the drive, GPU, CPU....all is good. Use the same license for a reinstall.
Assuming that cheap license is good.

Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
In the eyes of Microsoft, the motherboard is the key component.

You can change the drive, GPU, CPU....all is good. Use the same license for a reinstall.
Assuming that cheap license is good.
is there way to like check if "the license is good"?

and if so that means i can reuse it on the hp 8200? because it is the same motherboard

Dr. Tam

Great
Oct 19, 2023
You do not need to apply some other license to a reinstall in that system.
so theortically if i download some random windows 7 home edition iso from the internet and put my hp sticker code it will work? (the pc upgraded to i7 and 24gb ram and i also bought it 2nd hand)