[SOLVED] I bricked my laptop, how to reset ASUS X55VD BIOS settings

Nov 21, 2019
I accidentally turned off 'Internal Graphics' setting in BIOS. After that I got a black screen and nothing else. Integrated Nvidia GPU don't work for a long time, it's not a variant for solving the problem. I know that Windows is working because after a few seconds I pressed ALT + F4 + Enter, my laptop shuts down. Clearing CMOS does not help, tried also booting without CMOS battery.

Solution
(The screen was black all the time, I did everything blindly.)

Solution:

1. I еntered in the BIOS with pressing the 'DEL' button.
  2. I pressed 'F9' to "Load Optimized Defaults", after that I pressed 'Enter' for confirmation.
  3. I pressed 'F10' to "Save and Exit", after that I pressed 'Enter' for confirmation.
Everything works fine now :)
have you tried hooking up a monitor

I was thinking the same.

What I would do.

Remove Cmos Battery

Remove Regular Battery

Unplug Power Brick

Hold down power button for 20-30 seconds

Leave laptop alone half hr or so than every last bit of anything in the caps should be drained.

Put back in Cmos Battery and see if it comes up.

If your good....................good if not than we will go from there.

FYI if you do need to try an external monitor it will not work just by plugging it in you will need to hold down your FN Key and than look at your FN Keys to scroll through what monitor your laptop chooses.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019
Remove Cmos Battery

Remove Regular Battery

Unplug Power Brick

Hold down power button for 20-30 seconds

Leave laptop alone half hr or so than every last bit of anything in the caps should be drained.

Put back in Cmos Battery and see if it comes up.

Already tried that, but no change.

I'll try the method with an external monitor and tell you if it works, but I have doubts because external graphics (my gpu) have problems for a long time and internal graphics(from CPU) is turned off :(

Nov 21, 2019
(The screen was black all the time, I did everything blindly.)

Solution:

1. I еntered in the BIOS with pressing the 'DEL' button.
  2. I pressed 'F9' to "Load Optimized Defaults", after that I pressed 'Enter' for confirmation.
  3. I pressed 'F10' to "Save and Exit", after that I pressed 'Enter' for confirmation.
Everything works fine now :)

Solution