I Broke My Hard Disk D:

viktorpetrov1998

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 29, 2017
So, i got angry, as the Removed that i am i hit my laptop exactly on the HDD. This has happened to me twice now. Plus i didnt hit the laptop, i hit my desk.
My question is, how do i stop the disguisting clicking noise. From time to time i hear beeps and stuff and it continues clicking. Could the disk be repaired? Does my warranty cover it?

Do a HDD S.M.A.R.T test with CrystalDiskInfo and post the screenshot here.
Here's a link: CrystalDiskInfo

Usually clicking noises from a HDD means that it can fail at any moment... so try to backup your data immediately.
They can't be repaired, you need to replace it. If you still have warranty you can try sending it to them

viktorpetrov1998

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 29, 2017
Lol guys its already dead i dont have it where it should be, i only have disk C.. Not a big problem for me because already all my stuff was on c, and i think im going to buy another hdd because that wasnt even a hard hit on the desk..

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
Don't hit or bump your laptop or your desk, I lost one of two twin internal HDDs some time ago from such a "not too hard hit" from me against the desktop chassis. I never did that again. That hit either caused a head to self-destruct or a head to hit the platter. HDD gone real soon afterwards.

TRENDING THREADS