Question I broke one Key on my Keyboard how do I repair the single key?

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
So I was cleaning my laptop keyboard with a wet wipe and then the letter E was lifted up. now its wobbly and I was wondering how do I fix that? Do I need to change the whole keyboard? A replacement keyboard is 100$ on amazon so I was wondering if there is anything I can do.
81G2rGE.png

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Depends what mechanism is under there, which I can't see. If just the keycap is loose and the mechanicsm underneath functions nromally, you may be able to replace that. You could get a cap off a key you don't use much.

Otherwise, you probably need a new keyboard. From the looks of this one shot, the keyboard already looks to be in pretty poor condition.

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
Depends what mechanism is under there, which I can't see. If just the keycap is loose and the mechanicsm underneath functions nromally, you may be able to replace that. You could get a cap off a key you don't use much.

Otherwise, you probably need a new keyboard. From the looks of this one shot, the keyboard already looks to be in pretty poor condition.

everything is working fine, I'm just waiting until it totally breaks off so I can look under it. right now im scared to break it more since its still usable.

TRENDING THREADS