Question i built new pc and its not working the way its supposed to

Sep 6, 2022
Hello i recently had decided to build a gaming pc and after i built it i realized that i was having serious framerate problems for my specs. I have been playing a lot of Counter Strike: Global Offensive and was getting lower frames than on my last pc on all maps but really struggling on maps such as ancient and dust 2 just to name a few. I then tried running other games like rocket league and even found myself on fall guys where I noticed something odd. In the main menu I was getting high frames but my gpu temperature was high at 80 degrees Celsius. During the loading screen and the little cinematic view before the games start I was still having high temperatures and high frames but as soon as the game started I was dropping to 20 frames and the gpu temp would drop to about 60 degrees Celsius. after looking more I saw that the gpu was at 100% usage, the cpu was at 10-20% usage and ram was at about 30 percent using only 8-9gb of the 32 i have. I have clean installed gpu drivers along with full clean install of windows which had made 0 change to performance. I have tried installing motherboard drivers as well. There are only 2 options I can think of and would need help fixing them. I have also noticed that the more the pc is used (more games) the worse the performance is

1.) a bottle necking problem

2.) somehow the computer is using the intel graphics and limiting what my gpu can put out

If anyone has seen this before i could really use some help as i have been trying to figure this out for the last 2 weeks. Thanks!

Specs:

MB: Asus Prime B660M-A WIFI D4

Gpu: Geforce RTX 2070

Cpu:Intel i9-12900k 3.2gh

Power: EVGA g6 Supernova 1000w

RAM: Corsair Vengence 2x16gb

Hello i recently had decided to build a gaming pc and after i built it i realized that i was having serious framerate problems for my specs. I have been playing a lot of Counter Strike: Global Offensive and was getting lower frames than on my last pc on all maps but really struggling on maps such as ancient and dust 2 just to name a few. I then tried running other games like rocket league and even found myself on fall guys where I noticed something odd. In the main menu I was getting high frames but my gpu temperature was high at 80 degrees Celsius. During the loading screen and the little cinematic view before the games start I was still having high temperatures and high frames but as soon as the game started I was dropping to 20 frames and the gpu temp would drop to about 60 degrees Celsius. after looking more I saw that the gpu was at 100% usage, the cpu was at 10-20% usage and ram was at about 30 percent using only 8-9gb of the 32 i have. I have clean installed gpu drivers along with full clean install of windows which had made 0 change to performance. I have tried installing motherboard drivers as well. There are only 2 options I can think of and would need help fixing them. I have also noticed that the more the pc is used (more games) the worse the performance is

2.) somehow the computer is using the intel graphics and limiting what my gpu can put out

If anyone has seen this before i could really use some help as i have been trying to figure this out for the last 2 weeks. Thanks!

Specs:

That board isn't meant for an unlocked i9 due to its VRM's. btw what are you using for a cpu cooler?

Specs:

Hey there,

Yes, I'd totally agree with @Why_Me on this. THe VRM's on that board heavily throttle your CPU. You should really be running anything beyond a 12400 on that board. You need a new board to let your CPU work as intended.

Your CPU sends pre-rendered frames to the GPU (as quick as possible is the preference). If your CPU is being heavily throttled, then you performance may drop off a cliff.

Reactions: Why_Me