Question I can’t get into bios after changing PLL Ring Overvoltage!

Fl1cks

BANNED
Jun 19, 2021
I’m not sure what this setting is so I searched it up but couldn’t really find any information about it. I only found a post where someone had mentioned that he had turned it up to +150mv for his overclock, https://pcper.com/2018/11/gigabyte-z390-aorus-pro-motherboard-review/9/

All I wanted to do was to try giving a little more voltage to the CPU Ring but I couldn’t find CPU Ring Voltage in the BIOS, only this setting.

I saw that this could be turned up to about 950 in the BIOS which gave me an idea of some numbers. I wouldn’t set it way high like that so I decided to start quite small. I wanted to for the last time, try and get the first core to 5.0Ghz with the current voltages and settings that I had so that I wouldn’t get a slight reduction in single core performance by the overclocking. After setting the setting to +60mv I received a blue screen that told me that the computer had to be repaired. I’m unable to get into the BIOS and the screen is just black there. What should I do?

CPU: i7-11700
MB: Gigabyte Z590 UD AC
CPU Voltage Core 1.440V
CPU Voltage Offset +0.030V
CPU Clock Ratio 4.9Ghz
CPU Ring Ratio 4.1Ghz
Core 6 4.9Ghz
Core 1 4.9Ghz
Core 0 4.9Ghz
Core 7 4.9Ghz
Core 4 4.9Ghz
Core 2 4.9Ghz
Core 3 4.9Ghz
Core 5 4.9Ghz
Core Idle Voltage - 1.390V - 1.400V

Last edited:

Fl1cks

BANNED
Jun 19, 2021
I got into the BIOS now, about half of it was covered in white and was a little glitchy/buggy looking. I turned that back as quick as possible into the default Auto setting. My guess would be that it was set too low? I was meant to boost and not decrease the voltage of this. Could someone explain to me what PLL Ring Overvoltage is and how much it should be set to?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS