[SOLVED] I can’t boot a fresh Copy of Windows 10

royaldeadman

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
Been trying for days to get my pc back up and running after buying a new SSD and now I think all drives are screened up.

Solution
No. But you must select USB flash drive as boot drive. Your computer BIOS must have shortcut key for boot menu. Usually F8...F12, depends from particular BIOS - must be pressed after turning computer on or after reboot. A list with bootable drives with your flash drive mentioned in it must appear. Select flash drive from list and press Enter.
What about your new SSD? What is it?

What is the Windows 10 version you are trying to install? Is it a 3 years old Windows 10?

What is the media used? Is it a Windows 10 on a DVD? USB KEY?

Where did you get that Windows 10? Bought it on DVD years ago?

royaldeadman

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
My new m.2 ssd is a NVMe Sabrent Rocket 4.0

The disc says 2017 on it. I’m assuming that’s when they put the windows on it too. Please refer to that group I posted above to see photos.

USAFRet

Titan
My new m.2 ssd is a NVMe Sabrent Rocket 4.0

The disc says 2017 on it. I’m assuming that’s when they put the windows on it too. Please refer to that group I posted above to see photos.
No, we're not going to go to FB to work this out.

Please post a full list of the parts in this system. Make/model of everything.

You can upload your pics to imgur.com, and post the link here.

USAFRet

Titan
What exactly happens when you try this install?
Consider creating a new USB to install with, rather than using a 4 year old DVD.

Reactions: Nemesia

royaldeadman

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
It goes to the windows page and I click advanced and no drive shows up. But and this is a big but, if I put the m.2 into the ssd adapter usb it shows up but I can’t install windows with it in an adapter.

USAFRet

Titan
2017 bios. How do I update because I could figure it out. I got the file downloaded but it didn’t take it when I was in flash.
To have any hope of this working, you almost certainly need to update the BIOS to whatever is latest.

You'll have to go through CyberPower or the specific motherboard manufacturer (or both) for specific instructions on how to update the BIOS.

USAFRet

Titan
Update the BIOS:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-A-PRO

Create a NEW USB to install with"
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10