Question I can’t get past bios

mheb14

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
I have upgraded my computer with the i7 10700k, Mag MSI Tomahawk with 64 GB RAM. There was a note about the memory and it gave me two options. 1 to set it up and 2 to use default. I chose the first to set it up. I didn’t know what would happen if I had chosen the 2nd option to load from default. I am not sure what I should do. I have done this before when i went from my i7 4790k to i7 6700k with 32 GB RAM. Granted this is double it but I don’t know why I can’t get past the bios. I did update with m flash to for the motherboard, and made sure that my RAM was compatible with the board. Does anyone know why this is happening.

I have upgraded my computer with the i7 10700k, Mag MSI Tomahawk with 64 GB RAM. There was a note about the memory and it gave me two options. 1 to set it up and 2 to use default. I chose the first to set it up. I didn’t know what would happen if I had chosen the 2nd option to load from default. I am not sure what I should do. I have done this before when i went from my i7 4790k to i7 6700k with 32 GB RAM. Granted this is double it but I don’t know why I can’t get past the bios. I did update with m flash to for the motherboard, and made sure that my RAM was compatible with the board. Does anyone know why this is happening.
Dou you mean that you can't boot to windows ?
Does 1 and 2 means XMP ?

mheb14

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
Dou you mean that you can't boot to windows ?
Does 1 and 2 means XMP ?
Correct I can’t boot to windows. The 1 and 2 where the options for either set up or use default. I don’t know if it was referring to XMP. But every time I save the settings and it restarts it flashes the the msi logo with press del for bios, f11 for boot menu or ctrl + f5 for m flash.