I can’t I’m done.

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Hi, ive been trying every single possible sensitivity to try to play fortnite but everytime i think I’m gonna do good it play with someone, I end up dying and I can never hit any shots. I don’t get it. I’ve used many different sensitivities and I get made fun of because I’m so bad. I don’t know how to find a good sensitivity. I miss every shot no matter my loot and get one shorter every time.

Please help

If you think sensitivity is going to help in a situation like that, then thats one of the big issues.
There is no magical sensitivity, and changing it is only going to make things worse. Pick one. Thats it. Learn it.

I wont specifically mention a setting to avoid confusion and generalizations, but you need to pick one that allows you to turn around at least once per mouse slide side to side, but lets you pick points on screen easily without over-correcting.

Ignore any mention of "x DPI makes you better", ignore super high or super low settings, they are gimmicky and people have made them overrated.

Make a custom game, set up some walls quite a bit away. If you cant predictably land on the middle of those walls with ease, practice that, learn your settings, dont change them around without commitment.

There also could be many, many more issues here. Latency, framerate, desync, etc.

Just out of curiosity, what do you play on? Have you played any other games without issue?

If you have no idea where to start, try this:
Start at minimum. Can you do a full spin without picking up the mouse? No? Increase DPI.
Once you can do that, turn it up just a tad more so you dont have to use your whole mousepad to spin. Okay great.
Now, how well can you make small movements? Can you select any one single brick in a wall easily? Or do you move to fast? Too slow?

As you do these you will quickly find a starting point that lets you move fast enough to react, but slow enough to aim.
Then its all about practice.

If people smack talk in game, mute them. Their opinions mean nothing, if they want to offer advice then great, otherwise I generally mute game chat.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
if you're not used to a certain level of sensitivity already then I would say start with something in the 1/2 to 3/4 sensitivity range and just start practicing with that.

If your mouse has DPI settings, use those to adjust sensitivity instead and not an in game slider.
When using DPI settings on a mouse, always set in game sensitivity to anywhere between half way to max depending on how it interprets sensitivity and then adjust the DPI on the mouse to find what feels most comfortable to you.

But there's no real answer as to what sensitivity level to use since it is different for everybody.

I personally play all my games on PC and console with pretty high sensitivity/DPI settings but I've also been playing like that for years so I'm used to the slight and minor twitch reactivity of the mouse/joystick in games so I am able to use it effectively without overshooting my movements because again, I've been doing it for years. Which is why I quoted the saying "Practice Makes Perfect"

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

For consoles I usually set the sensitivity to anywhere from 7 to 10 (because some games are more sensitive than others) and on PC I run my mouse at it's second to last DPI setting I set it up at which is 2000. and when I'm in the zone I click it up to the last notch which is 2500.
I use the 2000 for everything though, not just gaming. Except for photoshop.... I drop that down low for more finite control.

I have the Logitech G602.

<Moderator edit for language>

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
I’ve been trying 600 DPI with 0.07 X and 0.05 Y but I’ve been practicing against manicuns and i hit most of my shots but I just still don’t know if I should start at 400. 600 or 800 dpi

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
But then sometimes I completely miss shots in games and it seems to high sometimes but I have a rally big mousepad. And I don’t know how to find my ads or scoped and if is should use my scope in for shotguns. I usually try these three. 400 dpi with 0.09 x and 0.06, then 600 dpi with 0.07 and 0.05 then 800 dpi is where I don’t know

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
just set the level in game to 1 for both and set your DPI to 800 just practice. once you've got it down just increase from there and keep practicing.
Rinse and repeat.
Before you know it you'll be using high DPI with ease and have the ability to flip a 180 on a dime.

Practice makes perfect.
And practice against real people who juke and jive all over the place is best practice because it's in the moment and real and you'll learn to adapt much faster.

Just mute chat.

And sure, you'll get rekt..... like a lot.... but the end result for your efforts and labor will be you having attained greater skill that lets you smash the competition.

But the road getting there will be stressful at times, and this is what we like to call "The Grind".

No pain no gain.

Try to use one set of settings for the next week or two, see if things improve, see what you can learn.
Either youll start to get more comfortable with them, or youll notice for sure what needs to be changed, and how much.

Keep an eye on your FPS and latency too while you play, that can explain missed shots too.
Not to mention that game has some sync issues.

TRENDING THREADS