I can change the best answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
I didn't even start the thread. The best answer is/has/will be chosen. I see a notification telling me the thread has been updated. I go to the thread. Under every entry, a green box with "Pick as best answer" exists. I click on the one I agree with. Best answer entry is now in green box. Original best answer contains the "pick as best answer" icon. I just changed the best answer? To a question I didn't ask? Did you guys mod me and not tell me?

Solution
Came with the new forum system in maybe early 2013?

It's not intended for changing BAs, only for when someone creates a post then disappears.

Here's the rules:
1. If you started the thread, you can do whatever you want.
2. If the thread originator has chosen an answer you leave it alone, period.
3. If you come across an obviously abandoned thread (2 or more months) with no chosen answer you may choose one.
4. If you come across a thread with an answer that is VERY obviously wrong, or a better one exists, you may change it, unless the answer was chosen by the thread originator, in which case you leave it as is.

The moderator team is quite good at spotting and dealing with abuse of the rewards system, so please be careful with the...

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
So when was the town hall meeting when they let us know this? I didn't see the flyers. I might have done it twice at this point, but thought that it was a glitch only appearing at my end. I laughed. Then I cried. Then I made this thread to see if I was actually sculpting the world. To those who were denied their own fate, I'm sorry. I promise to completely forget that I contain this power, but will forever wonder why I would, or anyone for that matter- get the ability to change someones opinion through brute force.

Came with the new forum system in maybe early 2013?

It's not intended for changing BAs, only for when someone creates a post then disappears.

Here's the rules:
1. If you started the thread, you can do whatever you want.
2. If the thread originator has chosen an answer you leave it alone, period.
3. If you come across an obviously abandoned thread (2 or more months) with no chosen answer you may choose one.
4. If you come across a thread with an answer that is VERY obviously wrong, or a better one exists, you may change it, unless the answer was chosen by the thread originator, in which case you leave it as is.

The moderator team is quite good at spotting and dealing with abuse of the rewards system, so please be careful with the power.

Solution

That is like giving GOD power into the hands of masses.

If someone one will select Best Answer in the thread where I was one of the main contributors, or only one (and someone pop in with something much later), and the selected Answer is not a good one, I will deselect this, right on the spot.

I feel the POWER.

This is not right, but has some good intentions - my humble opinion.

As long as it wasn't the OP that selected it, and the answer was obviously wrong (feel free to ask one of us if you're not sure), that's fine. If you think they're abusing the power, PM one of us or hit the report button.

Thanks Someone Somewhere, I will save some time for mods to do more interesting jobs, than deselecting junk Best Answers.

What about your automated system, can we deselect it as well, if it is obviously not applicable, someone called EverveckPaul or something sounding similar, am I right with the idea behind that name?

Now I understand, are there more "payed contractors" here? Names please, as it is difficult for regular user to search for user name here now, as I don't want to deselect MOD or Staff choices by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.