i can choose the answer?

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Hello, I just went into several threas that id been into and oddly I could select the best answer/ deselect best answer even though I didn't start it? I just thought this is weird and not normal! anyone else seing this because I havnt last time I was on here( a few days ago) so... is this normal or am I just god?

Solution
Anyone with more than 5 BA's of their own can select BA's in other threads. Compared to the old system where only the OP or Moderators could pick a Best Answer, there are a lot more "answered" threads, which has a positive knock on effect to search rankings and ease of finding information for anyone later on.
Generally it is left to the OP of the thread to select a Best Answer, rarely is the BA set by someone else if the thread is active.

Though you can not select your own posts as the Best Answer, for obvious reasons.
I have only once chosen Best Answer when I was not the Original Poster. It was clear to me, (for what that's worth) that one poster gave several correct answers/details while the other poster was misleading. Choosing BA when not the OP should only be done if you feel you have some expertise or experience to back up your choice.
-Bruce
Edit: now that you've selected your own best answer - is this some cheap stunt to get BAs?

Anyone with more than 5 BA's of their own can select BA's in other threads. Compared to the old system where only the OP or Moderators could pick a Best Answer, there are a lot more "answered" threads, which has a positive knock on effect to search rankings and ease of finding information for anyone later on.
Generally it is left to the OP of the thread to select a Best Answer, rarely is the BA set by someone else if the thread is active.

Though you can not select your own posts as the Best Answer, for obvious reasons.

Solution