[SOLVED] I Can connect the LEDs of my case to my MotherBoard?

JoaoPaulo42

Prominent
Oct 15, 2021
Hi! I have a Asus Prime B450M-A II and a MSI forge 100r case. So my question is if I can connect the RGB Header connector from my case leds to RGB Header on my board. Im asking it because the compatibilities. My board only support Aura Sync and my Case supports Mystic Light from MSI. If I connect it I can controll my case by mystic lights software or will not work because my board only support aura?
I have read a lot of about LEDs connection and try setup all but I don't find any other post with a question like that.
Thanks!

Solution
a header with 4 pins is an RGB header, a header with 3 pins (where it kinda looks like one is missing) is ARGB. Both standards are not cross-compatible, so if the cable has 4 holes in the plug, its normal RGB.
Hi! I have a Asus Prime B450M-A II and a MSI forge 100r case. So my question is if I can connect the RGB Header connector from my case leds to RGB Header on my board. Im asking it because the compatibilities. My board only support Aura Sync and my Case supports Mystic Light from MSI. If I connect it I can controll my case by mystic lights software or will not work because my board only support aura?
I have read a lot of about LEDs connection and try setup all but I don't find any other post with a question like that.
Thanks!
If both are same, RGB to RGB or ARGB to ARGB you can connect them. It's usually MB's application that controls lights.

Reactions: JoaoPaulo42

JoaoPaulo42

Prominent
Oct 15, 2021
If both are same, RGB to RGB or ARGB to ARGB you can connect them. It's usually MB's application that controls lights.

Nice both are argb the connector and the plug. So Ill connect them :) but to control maybe I need the msi software to mystic lights right? Beacause my MB only support aura sync, right?