I can hear my computer doing things in my headphones.. like random digital noise

G

so.. i can hear.. random digital noise in my headphones if i listen very carefully.. and im not really sure what it is, or why its there, are my headphones picking up activity in my computer and translating it to very low volume sounds? the best way i can describe it is a much quieter version of what many anime and tv shows represent as data becoming a physical manifestation.. i dunno.. its behind a layer of static buzz that i can hear change if i do things like minimize a window, or open a window, change pages etc.. um yeah.. not really sure what its about but any information would be nice lol

G

Bestex 1956D, my computers a standard hp pavillion 753n model with an upgrade to 1gig of ram hah.. 5 year old pos lmao

I don't think there's necessarily anything 'wrong' - perhaps you have good headphones and they're picking up outside interference.

Though I suppose you could 'solve' the problem by going on tour with MOTORHEAD and spending the next 6 months or so researching how long the human body can jerk about uncontrollably. Not to mention learning "The Wisdom Of Life according to Lemmy", with such deep philosophical pearls as “F**k this "Don't speak ill of the dead" sh**! People don't become better when they are dead; you just talk about them as if they are. But it's not true! People are still a**holes. It's just that now they're dead a**holes.”

You'll have a great time! ...and trust me: You will *not* be able to hear the beeping in your computer any more by the time you're done.

\,,/ :sol:

G

I have the same prob I have been hunting for days for the solution to the sound a many people have it. It has nothing to do with the sound card or anything like that many people say after taking there processer off and reoiling it fixed it and some people say that geting a new power supply fixed it. many people fixed it geting new video cards. Im going to be slowly rebuilding my pc. I will post back again when i replace the part and it quits. It has been driving me insane for 3 or 4 months now.. Sorry for the bad spelling

lawrence55

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
so.. i can hear.. random digital noise in my headphones if i listen very carefully.. and im not really sure what it is, or why its there, are my headphones picking up activity in my computer and translating it to very low volume sounds? the best way i can describe it is a much quieter version of what many anime and tv shows represent as data becoming a physical manifestation.. i dunno.. its behind a layer of static buzz that i can hear change if i do things like minimize a window, or open a window, change pages etc.. um yeah.. not really sure what its about but any information would be nice lol

mate i had the same problem but i got a sound card and was using a port for my headphones on the front of my pc, i switched to the port on the sound card now its gone, hope this helps :) x

WindsCreation

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shielded_cable

That's why it buzzes, it's a wire that is stretching across the computer and the noise you are hearing is HDD's, fan's, ect... It acts as an attenna and picks up the magnetic sound from the sound of motors or moving parts, which usually require motors. They create a field and that's what you are hearing.

EricMyers

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Need help.. I want to listen to my computer working. Is there a program that can turn memory usage, I/O usage, etc. into audio sounds so that I can monitor the computer the audio sounds.

Rob Feight

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014

I had a very similar problem, though on a laptop. My headphone jack is right beside a usb input, and I also believe they exist on the same separate chip board that plugs into the mobo. Anyways, I had an optical mouse plugged into that port. When I changed to a different usb port the sound went away. YMMV.