I can hear my mic suddenly

May 5, 2018
I own a neewer nw-700 with a phantom power supply and for some unknown reason, I can now hear my mic. For example I tapped my mic accidentally and I heard it through m headphones at first I didn't think much of it but to double check I tapped it some more if I can definitely hear the taps through m headset can someone help this only happened to da when I started it up and its not just in discord but even when I'm not running anything to do with my mic please help very annoying.

*UPDATE READ DOWN TO MY LAST MESSAGE WITH FIX!!!!!*

Solution
Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting it?
I always hear myself, so if I don't, I know the mic isn't working. And in my case the solution is as simple as that.
If that doesn't work, check that any sound related programs you might have (like Realtek Audio Manager) haven't changed anything.
If that doesn't fix it then someone who knows more about this than me should help you :)

chipimaurino

Prominent
Feb 24, 2018
Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting it?
I always hear myself, so if I don't, I know the mic isn't working. And in my case the solution is as simple as that.
If that doesn't work, check that any sound related programs you might have (like Realtek Audio Manager) haven't changed anything.
If that doesn't fix it then someone who knows more about this than me should help you :)

Solution
May 5, 2018

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, it's not as simple as that to fix but I will have a mess around in Realtek audio manager to see if I can get it to work. Thanks

May 5, 2018
FIXED turns out I had Realtek audio manager turned off in startup and got it back up! Looked through the settings and found that the playback level was turned up, super simple can even be done through windows sound settings by going onto playback your speakers/headset you are using and turn the slider named volume down. SO DAMM EASY. it took me so long to figure this out. Such a muppet. Hope this helps!!

chipimaurino

Prominent
Feb 24, 2018

Happy to help ;)