Question I can not change my ram speed or my ram timings at ALL!!!

aliajboy

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
hi,
I had a HyperX Fury 8GB 1866mhz memory. I wanted to upgrade it to dual channel so after about 1 year I get a new one.
the first ram I had, I could overclock it to 2400mhz 11-13-12-33-1 with 1.6v fully stable. problem start here, after i put the new ram in my pc, I cannot OC it at all.( Speed or Timings)
and yes i put it n right order. (DIMM-A1 and DIMM-B1)
things i tested:
1- First I think to my self that the ram it self has problem and change it(brought it to where i bought it for replace and get new), But again nothing happened
2- changing slots
3- update the bios to last version
4- put the new one single, and i understand that the new one is the problem, i cant just overclock or change timings of the new one.
I mean, I can change the timings or the speed and voltage, but its unstable even on 2000mhz 1.7v or 1 cl lower and 1.7v
even I under clock it and get unstable.
till here I understand that the new one is problem and If I change any thing of that except default values I will be unstable.( I mean either not to Boot at all or when windows come up it will be BSD)
I put Picture for u if it helps.
photo_2019_02_18_22_39_16.jpg

my spec:
Asus Z97-k (2902BIOS, Last update)
Core i5 4460
Ram you know (2x8GB 1866mhz)
Zotac GTX1060 6GB
Green 650w GOLD
1TB H.D.D WD Black
120GB WD Green SSD (windows)

Tnx for your help

Last edited:

aliajboy

Reputable
Feb 18, 2019
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Use of identical, exact match, same thing memory modules may increase the chances of memory being compatible with existing memory over the use of random modules, but have no guarantee to be compatible together.
My question is not compatibility, I put new one without the old one, Just single slut and then, again I can't do anything on speed or timings.
why i can change the old one single? but the new one get me into trouble?

TRENDING THREADS