I can only access aol

every time I click on a program, all I get is aol and a message that says
"the file may not be supported by AOL. AOL will try to open it up as a text
file if you choose to continue."

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:55:04 -0800, Brandon wrote:

> every time I click on a program, all I get is aol and a message that says
> "the file may not be supported by AOL. AOL will try to open it up as a text
> file if you choose to continue."

You're clicking on a program or a shortcut to a program? If a program, the
..EXE file association is damaged. If a shortcut, the .LNK association is
broken. MVP Doug Knox has a page for fixing associations in XP. Running his
tools returns the file type to the default association found in a fresh XP
installation: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Brandon wrote:
> every time I click on a program, all I get is aol and a message that
> says "the file may not be supported by AOL. AOL will try to open it
> up as a text file if you choose to continue."

To quote joust-in-jest: -

"If it hurts every time you poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick
(AOHELL), the obvious solution is to quit poking yourself in the eye with a
sharp stick (AOHELL).

If you absolutely MUST poke yourself in the eye with a sharp stick (AOHELL),
then feel free to seek assistance from the maker of the sharp stick
(AOHELL)."

on salads.