I can only connect to the Internet through Internet Explorer.

Tom Bluma

Honorable
May 21, 2013
I need help with fixing this. I can't use google chrome, skype, steam, spotify, etc.
I thought it had something to do with Microsoft Security Essentials, So I deleted it, and nothing fixed. I tried putting those programs to be a permitted program, and that didn't work either. I know it probably has something to do with the firewall. Please help. Thanks. -Tom

ZippyPeanut

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
When did all this start? Presumably at one point in time you were able to use these programs, right? You might need to do a simple system restore to a point in time before these problems started to occur.

-----------
i7 3770K OC @ 4.2Ghz / ASRock Extreme 4 Z77 / evga FTW 670 2X-SLI / Creative SB Audigy SE PCI Sound Card / 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 128 GB OCZ Vertex 4 / 2 TB WD Caviar Black / 2 TB Seagate Barracuda / Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System / LG 14X Blu-ray R/W / Corsair 1000w PSU / AzzA Genesis 9000 full tower / Windows 7 Professional 64 / 144hz 1ms 24-inch Asus monitor

Tom Bluma

Honorable
May 21, 2013

I've tried that, It stayed the same. Normally I would do a system restore, but I can't find the disk I put it on and I've downloaded way to much to lose. I could just download it again, but my connection isn't the greatest. (15Mb/s). I'm looking for a solution. Something I won't have to lose anything in doing.

ZippyPeanut

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Hi, Tom.

A system restore should not require a disk of any kind and is generally a safe procedure. I've had to do it a few times in Safe Mode to get rid of ransomeware. Again, no disk is required. Here are instructions from Microsift: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore. Also, you can access System Restore through the Control Panel. Be sure to restore your system to a date before all this started with the understanding that you will lose programs and drivers that you have installed since the problems started. Other files should be OK.

Tom Bluma

Honorable
May 21, 2013

I don't have a "system restore point".

Tom Bluma

Honorable
May 21, 2013

No, I cannot, I already tried that.

riahc3

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013

You can't ping either of those? Not even that IP? Thats odd.......

Open cmd and do a

ipconfig /all

Post the result here. Lets see what you got configured as your DNS server and your default gateway.