Question I can only see the "WiFi-Repeater" on one specific device ?

May 23, 2022
Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem - I bought a Pix-Link LV-UE02 USB-powered WiFi extender/repeater to use with some drones. I plugged it into a USB power supply and the LED came on and blinked in the appropriate pattern. According to the manual and several web sites and YouTube videos it's supposed to create a WiFi network named 'WiFi-Repeater' that you connect to to configure the device, but I checked using several different Android phones, Windows computers, tablets and pretty much everything I own with WiFi but I couldn't see a network with that name, so I assumed I had a bad device. Then I turned on WiFi on my Kobo Clara HD and lo and behold, it showed a network called 'WiFi-Repeater'. I'm located in the US so I thought it might have something to do with the Pix-Link using WiFi channels 12-14 but I can't be sure. Is there anything else that could cause selective visibility of a WiFi network?

Thanks

John

You are correct about those wifi channels. I'm not sure how that device got FCC approval in North America.

2.4 GHZ WI-FI CHANNEL AVAILABILITY
CHANNEL NUMBEREUROPE
(ETSI)
NORTH AMERICA
(FCC)
JAPAN
12No
13No
14NoNo802.11b only

May 23, 2022
You are correct about those wifi channels. I'm not sure how that device got FCC approval in North America.

CHANNEL NUMBEREUROPE
(ETSI)
NORTH AMERICA
(FCC)
JAPAN
2.4 GHZ WI-FI CHANNEL AVAILABILITY
12No
13No
14NoNo802.11b only
I bought it on eBay, so I'm pretty sure FCC approval wasn't an issue for the seller :cool: Thanks for the confirmation.

Did you ship it from outside the USA. Technically customs is suppose to stop these devices. They don't when individuals ship them but if a company tried to import 1000 they should stop them for not have the proper license.

The other issue tends to be the power cords don't work and they generally don't make the devices with a power cord that works in the USA when it support radio channels not allowed. Now if you buy direct ship from china stuff you can get all kinds of illegal merchandise.