[SOLVED] I can only start the pc when the PSU to Mobo power cable is only half plugged in

Jul 23, 2020
So if the psu to mobo power cable is fully plugged in then pc simply won't start,it doesn't get power but i can still see that the leds are lit.
If i half plug out the psu to mobo power cable then i can start it and then i can fully plug in the cable and it works then.
In the news 5-10 minutes i can start it with a fully plugged cable but after i need to do the half plug thing again.
Yesterday when i tried to start the pc i heard three beep sounds and it didn't start, then i tried again and it started.I read that the three beep sound means a problem with memory, but im not sure thats the problem, thinking my mobo or psu is dying.

My mobo is an Asrock B360 fatality
PSU is a cooler master MWE650

Solution
So if the psu to mobo power cable is fully plugged in then pc simply won't start,it doesn't get power but i can still see that the leds are lit.
If i half plug out the psu to mobo power cable then i can start it and then i can fully plug in the cable and it works then.
In the news 5-10 minutes i can start it with a fully plugged cable but after i need to do the half plug thing again.
Yesterday when i tried to start the pc i heard three beep sounds and it didn't start, then i tried again and it started.I read that the three beep sound means a problem with memory, but im not sure thats the problem, thinking my mobo or psu is dying.

Well, that certainly points to...

Well, that certainly points to bad connector either on MB or PSU.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution