I can see my hdd in device management and bios, but not in disc managment.

Jakob_9

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
I have recently built my first ever computer. And I need help with one thing. My WDC WD10EZEX 60WN4A0 1TB HDD wont show up in disk management. It shows up in BIOS (asus z170k btw) and in device manager. It is set up the same inside my computer as my SSD which is the only storage that I'm currently using, but it still wont show up in disk management. I have tried installing drivers for the HDD but it just says i have the newest drivers, so I guess that isn't a problem. I read an article posted here about different steps to solve this (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/265764-32-guide-ins...) and I'm currently on step ten but i can't figure what my controller chip is, hence i can't install the drivers as recommended. I just want to be able to download more games and programs to my newly built pc, I'm desperate, please help. I can post more specs to my computer if it will be needed.

Thank you in advance

Jakob_9

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

As I said, I'm new to computer building, I don't think that I have formated and I can't assign it a letter, I cant see the disk, hence I can't see any options for it, if I'm wrong then please explain your answer a little better, don't really understand 100% what you mean.

Jakob_9

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Yeah I have my Windows 10 on my ssd, I have had this rig for a couple months now with only the ssd working. Everything is working fine except for the fact that I'm missing 1TB of space

Jakob_9

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

Thank you so much for linking me this, this was the solution. I looked it up and my HDD was a part of some kind of storage pool, all I had to do was remove it from the pool, then I could format it. Now eveything seems to be working. Thank you sir.

This might help https://www.quora.com/I-accidently-turned-my-external-hdd-to-be-a-storage-pool-for-my-PC-How-do-I-turn-it-back