I can Seem to Find How to Uninstall NVIDIA

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

harryquin2000

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
I have been told that when updating to Windows Fall Creator Update it installs a driver that ruins all other drives and crashes steam games. I am convinced of this because when switching to the integrated driver (Intel) the games no longer crash but they work MUCH slower. Heres the problem, From here https://gyazo.com/973e095b0205b63eb2d4d1b1903d78a4 I cant seem to find how to uninstall NVIDIA nor would IK how to get it back. From videos on youtube it should be in that part of the control panel. If you knows whats wrong I'm open ears. Ty for the help ^-^.

harryquin2000

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Hey dark breeze, I thought this step I'm on made sense but low and behold I'm confused. Sending you this from my iPod but I made it all the way to the screen asking me to "delete all the drivers except USB and leave unallocated space only" this is step 7 in part 2 of the clean install. I see a lot of Drive 0 partition 1-20. 5 of these are labeled after 1-20: WINRE_D...(1), SYSTEM_D...(2), LRS_ESPr(3), Windows8...(5), and LENOVO(19). What do I do from here? Also the one labled Wondows8 seems to be the only one that would allow me to install Windows onto. I assume delete the other 19.

harryquin2000

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Ignore that last part I ended up deleting it all and I see how that worked. I believe I have successfully done the clean installation. Now is there something I need to go back to on this forum or should my computer work good from here. Also is this starting with the fall update? Edit: It doesn't seem to be fall update so should I never do that or is it ok now?
Edit2: The game is still laggy and I'm certain its because I'm not using Nvidia but I do not want to install it and break it so I guess my next question would be how do I get it without encountering the problem I had before?

harryquin2000

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Its NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M (This appears in Task manager, however I cant access the Nvidia control panel) Also, I saw a post before that browsers could be an issue to steam, should I not get Chrome?

I can't tell you what browser to use, but most of the advanced members I know personally from this forum or among the moderation team, seem to use Firefox, just as I do. I don't care for Chrome and I'm sure as hell not using Microsoft edge.

I like Firefox for the most part. Vivaldi browser is good too, but mostly for advanced users. Waterfox is a decent Firefox based alternative as well.

As far as the drivers go, this is the one you want to install and use. If you have problems after installing it, with your discreet Nvidia graphics, then you have a hardware issue with your graphics adapter, because there is no way a software problem could follow a full clean install of the OS AND a clean install of the GPU card drivers.

By the way, congrats on accomplishing the clean install of Windows. I knew you could do it if you tried.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/129085/en-us

harryquin2000

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Thank you for sticking with me and all the pain I am. I will understand if it doesn't work and all in all I got a fresh PC! (Never seen one so clean .3.) Just wondering my last 2 questions 1.) Should I delete the other NVIDIA one the computer booted with that doesnt work before I install the new one? 2.) I think my PC is one update from the fall update when looking in the Update and recovery settings, Should I get it?
https://gyazo.com/3b52b1d9bbc743e0491c7dd0fc26c77d
https://gyazo.com/1dc4dc9b06ed72e568fbe99f376d0b06

Yes. I would run the DDU again, just to be safe. Afterwards, install the drivers you will have already downloaded from the link I gave you above. Also, it's probably a good idea to go into the device manager and see if there are any devices there, after you get done with the Nvidia drivers installation, that have a yellow exclamation point next to them, or what we call it as "remarked", with a not-normal symbol next to the device indicating that is is disabled, not working correctly or has no drivers installed for that specific device.

Probably there won't be. If there is, let me know and we can figure out which device or onboard hardware it is and get the correct driver installed for it.

Glad to hear it worked out via PM. Here is a copy of your PM to me, just for the sake of letting future members that come across this thread know that it did indeed end up solving the problem for you.

Welp DarkBreeze I cant thank you enough. I ran the DDU and launched my games and all is working PERFECTLY. I wanted to thank you for not giving up on me and even believing in my ability to do steps I never thought I could. Its very nice of this site to offer free help that I wouldn't have gotten from a place like Best Buy (Nor do I think they would have fixed it like you did in a reasonable amount of time). I am very happy that this problem has been fixed along with having a cleaner PC and internet speed that seems unreal. I have learned much from you and wish you the best in life. Your Friend ~ Harrison ^-^

Good luck to you and glad it all worked out.