[SOLVED] I can`t set my 75hz monitor to 75hz.

EpicFailSmile

Reputable
May 25, 2015
Hello there!

I own a Dell SE2717H monitor which is supposed to be 1920x1080, 75hz Freesync monitor. It has one HDMI and one VGA input.
Im using the monitor with an Asus RX480 GPU which has 2xHDMI, 2xDP and 1xDVI-D outputs.
Since theres some problem with my 2xHDMI ports and they wont work, Im currently using the monitor with DP to HDMI adaptor. The displayport goes to my GPU and the HDMI goes to my monitor.
The problem is I cant set the monitor to 75hz, windows doesnt show 75hz as an option and I cant set custom resolution with the AMD drivers since it says the resolution isnt compatible when I try to put 75hz refresh rate. I tried to set custom resolution with the CRU software but it would only add up to 71hz top as an option in windows and im not able to add 75hz. I tried adding it under LCD standard and LCD native but as I said it would let me add up to 71hz. The only way I can add 75hz is if I use LCD reduced, but the problem with it is that it bumps up my GPU memory to the maximum frequency.
Other than that Freesync works as supposed. I tried using DVI-D to HDMI adaptor, DVI-D to HDMI cable and DP to HDMI adaptor, nothing seems to work.
So is there anyway I can add 1920x1080, 75hz resolution without bumping up my GPU memory frequency and why windows doesnt show me 75hz as an option when the monitor is supposed to be 75hz?

Thanks in advance! :)

Reactions: EpicFailSmile
Solution

EpicFailSmile

Reputable
May 25, 2015
Reactions: Glenwing