[SOLVED] I cannot access D: after Dell "system repair"

Apr 26, 2020
I cannot access D: after Dell "system repair" in normal windows but only in safe mode. Diskpart gives me D as disk 0 and the actual windows as disk 1.... How do I change disk 1 to 0 and 0 to 1 (I assume that is what's needed?) and get back to accessing D? I tried the 07 diskpart thing but it won't work because it thinks it's the windows disk
Thank you

Solution
My recommendation still stands.

Safe mode
Copy that D drive data to somewhere else.
Then, you can take whatever means are necessary to make that drive work.

And currently, that whole drive is the EFI partition. Whoever did this "repair" seriously screwed things up.
Apr 26, 2020
yes, a lot.... I can access it with safe mode but not in normal mode. I don't have anywhere to put it, all my external hard drives are full. Plus, the issue seems to be a software error, it's like after "dell startup repair" that I did only by mistake there are two windows, the real one I've been using on C: and the one that doesn't work which is stored on D: which it seems windows thinks it's the one to protect since it labels D as 0 and C as 1 in Diskpart but I don't know the commands to reverse that
thank you

popatim

Titan
Well...It wasn't greyed out before...
When you're powered off, unplug the 1TB drive and see if you can boot up still.
If not then you've somehow managed to set your drive up very oddly.
If you can boot then plugging the drive back in and assigning the letter should get you back but then we're left with converting the drive to be a normal drive without losing the data on it.

Well, lets see if you can boot without it first.
The easy answer might just be to use a USB drive dock or enclosure.

USAFRet

Titan
My recommendation still stands.

Safe mode
Copy that D drive data to somewhere else.
Then, you can take whatever means are necessary to make that drive work.

And currently, that whole drive is the EFI partition. Whoever did this "repair" seriously screwed things up.

Solution