[SOLVED] I cannot boot into my BIOS

Aug 14, 2020
My computer works perfectly fine, its a custom R7 3700x B450 Tomahawk max build. I only ever have problems on boot. The Computer refuses to let me see the boot options screen (pre-windows) Most of the time it boots directly to windows which is OK, but sometimes on boot it refuses to display anything (rarely, can be fixed by rebooting a couple of times) but 100% of the time if i press the delete key (which is my mobo's bios button) the screen goes black and nothing happens untill i reboot, When this happens, the entire computer lights up, gets power to my keyboard and mouse, has no boot errors (out of the boot/dram/vga/cpu lights) the screen just goes black. My main problem is being unable to boot into the bios. My ram speed is 2133 out of 3600mhz but I cant change it because of this issue. I tried being descriptive as possible but this being a decently complicated question let me know if I can help in any way.

Update: Right before i was about to post this question, my computer hard crashed. This has not happened to me since building it about 6 months ago. The screen turned a greenish tint, parts of it went black and then the computer turned off. After rebooting everything seems normal though.

Solution
My computer works perfectly fine, its a custom R7 3700x B450 Tomahawk max build. I only ever have problems on boot. The Computer refuses to let me see the boot options screen (pre-windows) Most of the time it boots directly to windows which is OK, but sometimes on boot it refuses to display anything (rarely, can be fixed by rebooting a couple of times) but 100% of the time if i press the delete key (which is my mobo's bios button) the screen goes black and nothing happens untill i reboot, When this happens, the entire computer lights up, gets power to my keyboard and mouse, has no boot errors (out of the boot/dram/vga/cpu lights) the screen just goes black. My main problem is being unable to boot into the bios. My ram speed is 2133...
My computer works perfectly fine, its a custom R7 3700x B450 Tomahawk max build. I only ever have problems on boot. The Computer refuses to let me see the boot options screen (pre-windows) Most of the time it boots directly to windows which is OK, but sometimes on boot it refuses to display anything (rarely, can be fixed by rebooting a couple of times) but 100% of the time if i press the delete key (which is my mobo's bios button) the screen goes black and nothing happens untill i reboot, When this happens, the entire computer lights up, gets power to my keyboard and mouse, has no boot errors (out of the boot/dram/vga/cpu lights) the screen just goes black. My main problem is being unable to boot into the bios. My ram speed is 2133 out of 3600mhz but I cant change it because of this issue. I tried being descriptive as possible but this being a decently complicated question let me know if I can help in any way.

Update: Right before i was about to post this question, my computer hard crashed. This has not happened to me since building it about 6 months ago. The screen turned a greenish tint, parts of it went black and then the computer turned off. After rebooting everything seems normal though.
Motherboard issue i would suspect

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020

If you can't boot into BIOS, get rid of you boot drive. This will force it into BIOS because it can't go anywhere else. Also, you could clear your CMOS if you still can't get into BIOS. The B450 Tomahawk Max doesn't have a button, but check in the manual to see what you have to do to clear it. It's usually by short curcuiting the jumper in the bottom right corner.

Hope these work!

Reactions: poopgod
Solution
Aug 14, 2020
If you can't boot into BIOS, get rid of you boot drive. This will force it into BIOS because it can't go anywhere else. Also, you could clear your CMOS if you still can't get into BIOS. The B450 Tomahawk Max doesn't have a button, but check in the manual to see what you have to do to clear it. It's usually by short curcuiting the jumper in the bottom right corner.

Hope these work!
Ah finally. Removing the boot drive worked. I should have thought of that sooner, would have saved me some time. Thanks.