• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question I cannot boot into Windows 10 without attached CD Drive and Installer CD. How do I fix this?

Jun 12, 2020
Hi! So I just built a PC for my friend and installed Windows 10 on her computer (can provide specs if needed.)
I used a USB connected DVD drive to install it as it's what she had. Currently I am unable to pass the boot screen
without said DVD drive and the Windows' Installer CD. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Jun 12, 2020
It did install. There was no error, it would just restart after reaching the bios boot screen.
I am going to do a reinstall using a USB though. It's a new system.

Jun 12, 2020
It just means that Windows is not installed properly - one of the things installation does it to make the partition bootable.

What does Disk management tells about this disk and partituion?
It seems there are two partitions on the SSD (a systems reserved and the drive)
and there is a partition on the DVD disc drive as well

howtobeironic

Respectable
Jun 16, 2018
I'd recommend you to use an USB instead to reinstall Windows, the problem is most likely boot configuration but no guarantee everything else is okay. Trying another fresh install would be to your favor.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS