[SOLVED] I cannot connect to my friends IP

Mar 7, 2020
I have a friend who frequently creates game servers for Minecraft; Halo so on, and recently when I try to connect I can't even ping his IP.

The most current situation has been through LogMeIn Hamachi. even though we are connected in a server group in Hamachi, when we use our IPV4 network IP's, He can ping to my connection, but I cannot ping his. Even when I try to ping his public IP, I still get no response what so ever. After doing some deep searches in to the firewall settings in both my Router and also my PC, no cake. I've tried:

/flushdns
Disabling my Firewall all together
Creating in-bound rule sets specifically for set IPs'

I'm fully at a loss at this point and am not sure what else to choose for options, I am currently running a Full Scan to see if there is possibly any malware blocking connections.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated, I just want to figure this issue out so I can play with my friend and so I can have this troubleshoot method under my belt.

Solution
He insists that its on my end, I'm trying to logically think on if he can ping me and I cant ping him, Where would the issue be? I haven't tried another PC with a different IP, Would be something to try, Thank you for the response, Means a lot!

Once you try connecting to him on another computer on your network, and it still doesn't work then either your router or his firewall is blocking the connection. Check to see if the ports he's hosting his game on is open on your network.
Mar 7, 2020
Perhaps his firewall is blocking you? Can you not see him on that computer only or any computer on your local network?
He insists that its on my end, I'm trying to logically think on if he can ping me and I cant ping him, Where would the issue be? I haven't tried another PC with a different IP, Would be something to try, Thank you for the response, Means a lot!

Once you try connecting to him on another computer on your network, and it still doesn't work then either your router or his firewall is blocking the connection. Check to see if the ports he's hosting his game on is open on your network.

Solution