I cannot connect to wireless

Technoin

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
My Lenovo thinkpad T410 will not connect to wireless networks.When I trouble shoot this problem, it simply says I need to turn on my wireless capability. Nothing changes when I use the function key that turns it on (Fn F5). I checked my adaptors, and they are all apparently working fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

Solution
Make sure switch is in, wifi adapter is enabled and driver is installed.

After that I would make sure there is not an intel or other program that has made itself the default wifi connection program. If that is the case the windows program wont work and will not scan for new networks. You will have to use the other program or disable/uninstall it.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You have the latest drivers? Look for your type laptop at lenovo.

Tried via the control panel->network/internet->network centre on the left side "changing adapter settings" ? Right click the adapter and see what you can do there.

Make sure switch is in, wifi adapter is enabled and driver is installed.

After that I would make sure there is not an intel or other program that has made itself the default wifi connection program. If that is the case the windows program wont work and will not scan for new networks. You will have to use the other program or disable/uninstall it.

Solution