I cannot delete a row in Excel

Erkan Mali

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
At my workplace, I am working an excel file. I need to delete row completely. When I choose remove this row (not delete contents), it only deletes the content and the said row stays there. I want to remove the whole row altogether so that the rows below could move up but they don’t.

Also when I delete the contents of any row, I cannot perform Ctrl+Z. In other words the excel works in a weird way. Plus I tried this in other users and the issue persists.

Erkan Mali

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
@Alabalcho I tried in a new excel file and the problem does NOT persist. Only that file has an issue. There are no protections or macros in that excel. Also I was able to delete the rows whenever I wanted. The issue only started to happen that. I had to copy paste the worksheet on to a new file. It seems there is no solution.

Jan 31, 2019
Maybe you locked the sheet?
The reason why you would still be able to make changes on the cells is because they might be unprotected, but the delete row/column protection options are on so the delete row option is greyed out.

palakbisht

BANNED
Mar 5, 2019
At my workplace, I am working an excel file. I need to delete row completely. When I choose remove this row (not delete contents), it only deletes the content and the said row stays there. I want to remove the whole row altogether so that the rows below could move up but they don’t.

Also when I delete the contents of any row, I cannot perform Ctrl+Z. In other words the excel works in a weird way. Plus I tried this in other users and the issue persists.
hi,
  • Select a cell in the row that you wish todelete.
  • Right-click and select "Delete" from the popup menu.
  • When theDelete window appears
  • select the "Entire row" option and click on the OK button.