I cannot delete this stupid Avid folder no matter what I do

Sam Horton

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014
So I'm trying to uninstall Avid Media Composer as I don't use it anymore and it wont uninstall NOR will my computer let me delete the program files.

I have tried changing the ownership of the files to me but then it tells me I require permission from myself to delete the file.

Is there a way I can force delete this stupid file that will not go away?

thanks
Sam

Solution
There's an uninstaller in the Applications folder...called AVID UNINSTALLERS . In there is also the Application Manager uninstaller. You shouldn't delete anything manually, until after you ran the uninstaller. You can also use a uninstall program. I use IObit others use Revo uninstaller. You need to be administrator....in some cases Navigate to the program folder of the program you want to run. ...
Right-click the program icon (the .exe file).
Choose Properties.
On the Compatibility tab, select the Run This Program As An Administrator option.
Click OK.

DarkEngine

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
There's an uninstaller in the Applications folder...called AVID UNINSTALLERS . In there is also the Application Manager uninstaller. You shouldn't delete anything manually, until after you ran the uninstaller. You can also use a uninstall program. I use IObit others use Revo uninstaller. You need to be administrator....in some cases Navigate to the program folder of the program you want to run. ...
Right-click the program icon (the .exe file).
Choose Properties.
On the Compatibility tab, select the Run This Program As An Administrator option.
Click OK.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS