Question I cannot get my benQ XL2411z to run at 144hz

Aug 11, 2019
I have tried literally everything to get this to work EVERYTHING. To the point where I want to throw my pc in the trash.

Im running an RTX 2080 on a gigabyte z390 gaming x with an i9 9900k processor and yes I have a DVI dual link cable, and no it is not one with false pins to have the appearance of a dual link. Please someone save me

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What model gpu and cable are you using? Is it an adapter cable?

If you're using an adapter cable, Hdmi to DVI or DP to DVI see section 0

If using a DVI DL to DVI DL, what brand cable is it?

Aug 11, 2019
What model gpu and cable are you using? Is it an adapter cable?

If you're using an adapter cable, Hdmi to DVI or DP to DVI see section 0

If using a DVI DL to DVI DL, what brand cable is it?

I’m using an Nvidia RTX 2080 as stated above and yes it goes from display port to dvi dual link. After looking at everything the only issue I can see it being is the DP to DVI l adapter. However previously I had a GTX 1070 and it was the same story. Going from DVI dl to DVI dl and it only ever ran on 60hz. I’m almost thinking it’s an issue with the monitor at this point?

Aug 11, 2019
Just went back to the computer store and bought an expensive dvi dual to display port cable. Still no go. At this point it can’t be anything other than a faulty monitor. Sent an email to benq, but doubting I’ll get any helpful response

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sorry i knew you had a 2080, wanted to know which brand or model of the 2080. I think there aren't any with native DVI port but not sure and you didn't mention adapter cables so thought to ask just in case.

Do you have any suggestions for DisplayPort to DVI adapters?

Yes. I have tested the following DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI active adapter. It works up to 144 Hz at 1080p:
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-BIZLINK-DisplayPort-Adapter-Powered/dp/B003XYBA72/

However, be warned that DP to DL-DVI active adapters are not very reliable and should only be considered as a last resort. It is strongly recommended to return the monitor and get one that has an actual DisplayPort input port rather than use these adapters.

Glenwing has tested an adapter cable linked in his guide albeit says this method of adapting can be unreliable.

It's also possible the DVI to DVI cable you had with the 1070 isn't DL. All pins may be there but they may not all be connected inside the plug. There are fake cables out there.