[SOLVED] I cannot install drivers for Radeon R7 360 2 GB graphics. Screen always goes black.

May 16, 2020
Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with installing drivers for this AiO Lenovo computer: https://www.conrad.com/p/lenovo-ide...a10-7800-8-gb-1000-gb-amd-radeon-r7-3-1391035

Firstly, I thought CPU is dead, because it was always running around 100% of usage and often caused blue screen/freezes/crashes. It turns out that maybe GPU is dying? Once I connect the PC with newly installed Windows 10 to the internet, it automatically tries to download driver for the graphics and then installs it. Here, the problem begins as the screen goes black and I have to get PC to the previous restoration point, as it's unable to display anything but black screen (the booting part is fine though). Thanks in advance for any kind of suggestions.

Have a nice day!
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

raykneale

Honorable
Oct 5, 2017
Solution
May 16, 2020
https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...es/amd-radeon-r7-300-series/amd-radeon-r7-360
Hello
Follow the above link which should contain the manufacturers (AMD) drivers for your AiO. As you have a fresh install of Windows it is possible you have to re-install the originals as Windows will only install and update the Basic Microsoft Driver which may not be altogether compatible or create conflict .
Stay Safe.
Thanks, it worked! May I please have a question, as the system is still unstable. The GPU is fine I guess. However, the CPU keeps running around 100% of usage. Computer then suddenly freezes and I have to press the power button for a shutdown. Do you think that it may be a faulty CPU? The CPU's package is keeping its temperature around 40°C, but the cores are very hot - ~80°C. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Thanks, it worked! May I please have a question, as the system is still unstable. The GPU is fine I guess. However, the CPU keeps running around 100% of usage. Computer then suddenly freezes and I have to press the power button for a shutdown. Do you think that it may be a faulty CPU? The CPU's package is keeping its temperature around 40°C, but the cores are very hot - ~80°C. Thanks a lot for your reply.
So it seems the CPU is overheating that's why you get BSODs. You need to reapply the thermal paste on the CPU most probably.

May 16, 2020
So it seems the CPU is overheating that's why you get BSODs. You need to reapply the thermal paste on the CPU most probably.
I did. But nothing has really changed so I ordered a still well-performing CPU considering its age. I am trying to fix this PC for a friend. Thank you for your advice.

If a cpu is overheating, you don't change it with another one. You put new thermal paste, you change the cooler or you put more fans in the case but since it's an aio, you can't do anything but the thermal paste.

I am not convinced the issue is the cpu. What are the exact temps idle and while gaming/ watching videos, etc?

I guess you haven't upgraded to a ssd right? That would be a major boost in performance.

Can you run a userbenchmark and post the link to the results here?

May 16, 2020
If a cpu is overheating, you don't change it with another one. You put new thermal paste, you change the cooler or you put more fans in the case but since it's an aio, you can't do anything but the thermal paste.

I am not convinced the issue is the cpu. What are the exact temps idle and while gaming/ watching videos, etc?

I guess you haven't upgraded to a ssd right? That would be a major boost in performance.

Can you run a userbenchmark and post the link to the results here?
Look, you probably didn't understood my issue. I've changed the HDD for a SSD already. Here the problem is that the CPU is dead because it has been running overheated in a long term. I have already changed the thermal paste, nothing has happened and the computer still freezes or goes blue screen. I'm convinced the processor is causing this because its usage skyrockets after booting to the desktop. The PC can't run 2 minutes straight without freezing or crashing in some way. It's impossible to perform benchmarks on it, Although I would like to. Thanks for your response. I think the CPU is irretrievably damaged.