I cannot install my OS.

Jan 4, 2014

This is not a new pc, this is my old pc with a new motherboard, and I had my OS stored on my SSD and can no longer access it, I have to format the HDD somehow.

Your post is a bit confusing because you say you have an os on a SSD drive.
But then you start to talk about a hard disk drive.

You say the hard disk drive is dynamic.

If you have a windows disc you first need to delete the partition of the drive, or any that are contained on it.
Then it has to be formatted.
This is of course if you have a windows install dvd in the drive.

If you are trying to use the SSD where the old OS resided the reason why it will not work, or picks it up as no boot able device or Boot able os will be down to the fact of what mode it was installed under to the ssd drive.

So you have to remember what that setting was from the old board relating to the Sata interface of the board and its setting in the bios.

Option are Sata, Ahci, Ide, or raid mode for more than two drives paired together.
Like I said if the ssd worked before you changed to the new board but says no boot able drive, or os it is because the right mode needs to be set for the drive when put in with the new board via the bios set up of the new board.

Also the drive needs to be set in the boot order above any non boot able device to second or first in its list of boot able devices in the bios menu settings.

You cannot simply click next to install windows, you must delete the dynamic partition or drive before formatting. Or Delete and format via the options of windows when presented with the options as part of the windows install process where you select the drive you wish to install it to.

A dynamic drive the most common application can be for extended volumes of the drive, or multiple partitions. And can also if paired with other drives in the system as part of a Raid array. Where the over all information is spanned or striped over two or more drives. if one drive is missing then the installed os can not work.
Or the wrong mode is selected in the bios that prevents access to the rest of the raid array on how it was originally set up on the number of drives used.

Jan 4, 2014

Hello, I have an SSD and a HDD, I had my OS on my SSD, however the SSD does not show up, because it is a Samsung 840. Apparently my HDD is dynamic and it will not let me format it using the windows 7 ultimate installation disk.When I got my new mobo, it will not let me access my old files, which I had before I installed the new mobo.

Do you have any other tower based system to plug the drive to that is dynamic?
Another system with a working os of windows 7 or windows xp.

Or any other boot able Os disk like windows xp.

If you can connect the drive to another working tower with windows installed on another hard drive as the working boot drive of that machine.

You can then use windows Disk Management tool, to prep the drive.
Then move it back to the new system to get windows on it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/create-format-hard-disk-partition#create-format-hard-disk-partition=windows-7

Or if you have a boot able windows xp disc, you can boot off that an use the diskpart option to delete and prep the drive back to a standard drive.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-tips/diskpart-windows-xp-help-use/