[SOLVED] I cannot port forward my minecraft server

Impala640

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Hello, today I went to set up a minecraft server like the dozen times I have done before and it will not port forward to same it's life. I tried doing a fresh wipe many times and everything points to it being the router however I haven't updated my router or anything at all. That being said I did get a new modem.

Solution
It is a Bell 5 modem, we have a dedicated router which it should be automatically porting through.
That description of your modem doesn't help identify it.
Does the IP address on your router start with 100.x.y.z or 10.x.y.z or 192.168.y.z ?
If it is any of those three things you can't port forward on that router because there is another router between you and the internet.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, today I went to set up a minecraft server like the dozen times I have done before and it will not port forward to same it's life. I tried doing a fresh wipe many times and everything points to it being the router however I haven't updated my router or anything at all. That being said I did get a new modem.
What model is your new "modem" ?
Have you compared the WAN IP address in your router against https://whatismyipaddress.com/ If they don't match, you can't port forward.

kanewolf

Titan
It is a Bell 5 modem, we have a dedicated router which it should be automatically porting through.
That description of your modem doesn't help identify it.
Does the IP address on your router start with 100.x.y.z or 10.x.y.z or 192.168.y.z ?
If it is any of those three things you can't port forward on that router because there is another router between you and the internet.

Solution