I cannot press start button for shutting down my laptop and also loss my icons on the start bar.

uudithakamani76

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
suddenly I loss my sounds of my laptop and tried to shutting down after that incident. but I couldn't do it. then I presses start button and shutdown the computer. then tried to again on my laptop but loss all icons on the start bar. what can I do now. I have windows 10 and my laptop is acer.

Solution
Long press the power button until the system shuts down.
Proceed to reboot. Note the start-up time. If Windows logo takes a long time or the boot sequence gets stuck at the Windows logo then your HDD is fried. Same is the case if you don't see the Windows logo.
If the boot sequence passes the Windows logo and turns black for a couple of minutes you are ok. There was a data corruption and it was fixed by the OS.
Best of luck.

Andrei N

Honorable
Feb 22, 2016
Long press the power button until the system shuts down.
Proceed to reboot. Note the start-up time. If Windows logo takes a long time or the boot sequence gets stuck at the Windows logo then your HDD is fried. Same is the case if you don't see the Windows logo.
If the boot sequence passes the Windows logo and turns black for a couple of minutes you are ok. There was a data corruption and it was fixed by the OS.
Best of luck.

Solution