[SOLVED] I cannot update and get blue screens, as well as chrome tabs crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2021
Hello everyone could I please have some help? I cannot use my computer fully as it is having problems with updating and general use. I get a variety of crash code repots and even if I try fix them there is another one that appears.

My spec are:
i7-8700k
16GB DDR4 Corsair vengeance
Asus GTX1060 6GB
Gigabyte Z370P D3
970 Evo SSD

I am pretty sure that it is not the SSD as I tried a HDD with a fresh windows install.

I am unsure if it is the RAM or CPU or just windows software.

Asbaat

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
Hi! I'm no expert at this but it did happen to me last time and what I did was submit the BSOD crash logs to microsoft's forums and a guy there interpreted those logs and told me that there was a problem with a network driver that was causing the BSOD. I re-installed the driver and everything is smooth now.

So I don't know if people at tomshardware can do it but I'd suggest sharing the crash logs so the technical teams can know what exactly is causing the crashes :)

Thank you very much,
Asbaat

Hello everyone could I please have some help? I cannot use my computer fully as it is having problems with updating and general use. I get a variety of crash code repots and even if I try fix them there is another one that appears.

My spec are:
i7-8700k
16GB DDR4 Corsair vengeance
Asus GTX1060 6GB
Gigabyte Z370P D3
970 Evo SSD

I am pretty sure that it is not the SSD as I tried a HDD with a fresh windows install.

I am unsure if it is the RAM or CPU or just windows software.
Can be hardware or software.
Start with this...get a can of air and a small brush give the innards a good cleaning heatsinks and fans extra clean.

Don't forget the psu....a few shots of air from both directions.

While your inside reseat all plugs.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021
Hi! I'm no expert at this but it did happen to me last time and what I did was submit the BSOD crash logs to microsoft's forums and a guy there interpreted those logs and told me that there was a problem with a network driver that was causing the BSOD. I re-installed the driver and everything is smooth now.

So I don't know if people at tomshardware can do it but I'd suggest sharing the crash logs so the technical teams can know what exactly is causing the crashes :)

Thank you very much,
Asbaat
Thank you I will give that a shot!

Nov 28, 2021
Can be hardware or software.
Start with this...get a can of air and a small brush give the innards a good cleaning heatsinks and fans extra clean.

Don't forget the psu....a few shots of air from both directions.

While your inside reseat all plugs.
Thank you I'll give that a shot as well.

Nov 28, 2021
Hello everyone,
I got the problem fixed.
Thank you for all the help.

The problems were:
  1. The motherboard had somehow shorted on the case
  2. The short caused the motherboard to die which corrected the RAM
  3. The CPU cooler was no longer cooling properly which was causing the CPU to thermal throttle
Replaced the motherboard, RAM, and CPU Cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.