Question I cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 because of my GPU RX 480

Authonious92

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
So,i just tried upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and everything was going great until i got a message saying : "This device isn't compatible in Windows 10. Contact the manufacturer for more info. Radeon (TM) RX 480".
I searched on the web and didn't find anything so i thought maybe someone from here can help me out?

Anyways i'd really like to upgrade to Windows 10 and i hope that someone will help me!

Thanks in advance !

A pic: http://prntscr.com/mq12sb

Authonious92

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
Sounds like you'll have to backup up all your personal files and do a fresh install of 10 rather than an upgrade. Is the copy of Windows 7 you're running 32 bit?
If thats the case i'd rather not do it,because i got a lot of games already installed on my PC and a lot of movies downloaded.

If we could find a solution to this right now itll be awesome!

mgallo848

Commendable
Yea I saw his replay after I posted mine. That's very strange. The 480 works with Windows 10 with zero issues. I don't know why it would say that......unless the drivers he's currently using are very outdated. That's about all I can think of.

Try updating your AMD drivers to the most recent, then restart you PC and try installing 10 again.

Yes ignore it. You should be able to hit a button that says Confirm or something like that. I have been getting that more and more. It is more so letting you know the current driver installed won't work with windows 10, not that the device itself won't.