[SOLVED] I can't access the internet on my pc (network adapter)

May 25, 2021
It was working, I changed out my mobo for a z590 a pro and after my network adapter (in device manager) wasn't working I deleted it in the device manager but never got it back after a restart. I have tried a number of solutions but none have worked. I download the lan drivers for the mobo but said I still need to install a intel Ethernet package and at this point I am truely stuck, please any advice would be helpful thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
If the network circuitry is part of the MB...then I would go into the BIOS and look around in there for anything that might possibly disable it.

If I didn't fins anything I would power down and pull the CMOS battery out for a few minutes to reset the BIOS and try it again.
May 25, 2021
So the adapter isn't detected in Windows?
I'd inspect the contacts on the card and the slot for anything weird.
I would also try some different slots.
If it still wasn't detected....I would try it in another machine and if it still wasn't detected I think it may be toast.

Sorry I should of been more clear I was using a ethernet connection straight into the mobo, no wifi cards of anything.

If the network circuitry is part of the MB...then I would go into the BIOS and look around in there for anything that might possibly disable it.

If I didn't fins anything I would power down and pull the CMOS battery out for a few minutes to reset the BIOS and try it again.

Reactions: matt123987
Solution
May 25, 2021

alrighty, I'll give a look onto the BIOS and as for that second information you gave Im not sure exactly what is meant by it

May 25, 2021

Jay I could honestly kiss you! thank you so much I've been at this for the past day and its been driving me crazy! I had already played around in the bios before hand but didnt enable absolutely everything and now I have connection thank you!!!

Reactions: SamirD