[SOLVED] I cant activate windows on my new pc

apokleis

Commendable
Nov 19, 2018
I've built a new pc and for os i used a flash drive with windows 10 that i created from my old pc.It isn't activated so what i did was get the windows 10 key from my old system and use it to my new one.I disabled the key from my old computer.Now i've tried putting it more than a dozen times and it doesnt let me because it says that the key didnt work.
What should i do to make it work?
*also the other system was prebuilt.

Solution
Did win 10 come with pre built and what maker was it?

If its from a big OEM you cannot move their licenses as they are specific to model.

If it is an upgrade from 7 or 8 then you should be able to move it.
If you upgraded it from 7 or 8, did you register your copy of 10 against an email address?

How did you disable key? on the account page or just on PC? if on account page, you best contacting Microsoft as they are only ones that can move licenses.
Jul 19, 2018
I think by using the flash drive you are using a retail version of Windows. I’m pretty sure the prebuilt would’ve come with an OEM version of Windows (a physical disk). Do you have anyone who may have a Windows 10 OEM disk which you can use?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did win 10 come with pre built and what maker was it?

If its from a big OEM you cannot move their licenses as they are specific to model.

If it is an upgrade from 7 or 8 then you should be able to move it.
If you upgraded it from 7 or 8, did you register your copy of 10 against an email address?

How did you disable key? on the account page or just on PC? if on account page, you best contacting Microsoft as they are only ones that can move licenses.

Solution