[SOLVED] I cant change BCLK value

JIANNY

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
I own a Asus h310 M-A together with an i5-9400F.And i need to reach at least 4.00GHZ cause i render a lot!
and how the title says,I cant change the BCLK value.

SPEC
MB:Asus h310M-A
GPU:GTX 1050ti Asus
CPU:I5-9400F
RAM: Patriot 8gb 2666mhz ddr4

Solution
You may be limited in what you can do. That CPU doesn't have an all core boost profile of 4Ghz but possibly 3.9Ghz.

Adding even 1Mhz to the BCLK would certainly get you there, but I doubt you can do it with that board. The settings may just not be available.

H310 is basically the lowest end chipset.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
I am trying to understand why you want to change the bclk setting instead of core ratio, I think you are looking for better top end performance?.Have you tried going in to bios and using ez mode. You can set the overclock to high performance.

because 9400F has locked multiplier, it cannot be raised beyond factory setting no matter what bios/motherboard you use

the only way to raise CPU clock on 9400F is by raising BCLK , which generally is very detrimental to system stability as it overclocks the whole system bus, memory bus PCIExpress interface etc. You seldom can raise it beyond 2-3% over stock without running into serious issues.

Moreover H310 chipset doesn't support overclocking at all. You need Z370 chipset motherboard to do this

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
I own a Asus h310 M-A together with an i5-9400F.And i need to reach at least 4.00GHZ cause i render a lot!
and how the title says,I cant change the BCLK value.

SPEC
MB:Asus h310M-A
GPU:GTX 1050ti Asus
CPU:I5-9400F
RAM: Patriot 8gb 2666mhz ddr4

You cannot do this as H310 chipset of your motherboard doesn't support overclocking. You would need Z370 chipset to do this

JIANNY

Commendable
Feb 4, 2021
You cannot do this as H310 chipset of your motherboard doesn't support overclocking. You would need Z370 chipset to do this
Thank you for this response!somehow my audio jack is broken and i will return the mobo cause is in warranty,i hope i will get an upgrade approval and buy an|Z370

because 9400F has locked multiplier, it cannot be raised beyond factory setting no matter what bios/motherboard you use

the only way to raise CPU clock on 9400F is by raising BCLK , which generally is very detrimental to system stability as it overclocks the whole system bus, memory bus PCIExpress interface etc. You seldom can raise it beyond 2-3% over stock without running into serious issues.

Moreover H310 chipset doesn't support overclocking at all. You need Z370 chipset motherboard to do this
Yeah I didn't mean overclocking I was trying to see if he could keep the boost up higher to 4.1

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You may be limited in what you can do. That CPU doesn't have an all core boost profile of 4Ghz but possibly 3.9Ghz.

Adding even 1Mhz to the BCLK would certainly get you there, but I doubt you can do it with that board. The settings may just not be available.

H310 is basically the lowest end chipset.

Solution