Question i cant change my resolution

Oct 3, 2019
i tried going into display setting and change it to my monitor resolution which is 1600x 1900 it would let me go above 1600x1200 so i have these giant black bars on the side of my screen also i recently wiped my hard drive clean and reinstall windows though a USB drive when i tried to install Nvidia drivers i would get a BSOD saying something like system service exception for like nvl or something would be able to boot into windows but it would post so i reinstall windows again and wipe it clean again so after that i get some 3rd party servece to install the driver and now it works ish at least i don't get BSOD

all i really want is my resolution to be fixed that's all
i thought of downgrading to windows 7 and installing my drivers on windows 7 and then upgrading it back to 10
since this was originally a windows 7 pc and when i upgrade to windows 10 it was working fine

update:
so i have downgraded to windows 7 and check device manager that i have an unknown device which is the chipset so i when to my mobos website and i download the drivers but it still didn't so i upgrade back to windows 10 and now my wifi thing is broken even tho it was working before.

spec
os windows 10
Maximus 3 formula -mobo
ddrr3 8gb ram
core i7 870
gtx 480

Last edited: