I can't click anything

PapaZayed

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
Ok so 3 days ago I got this problem where I couldn't click anything at all. I can't click my taskbar, any windows at all, programs, etc. Sometimes I could only click 1 certain thing like chrome or the task bar only but nothing else. The issue is fixed temporarily when I click restart on windows explorer inside task manager. The last two things I downloaded: Conan Exiles (A game on steam) and a new NVIDIA driver. I tried updating and downgrading the driver but still no luck.

Solution
have you done a restart since updating Nvidia drivers?

from desktop, hit ctrl alt del
on next screen choose task manager
press alt when window pops up, this will highlight the word file in toolbar, the 4 direction keys on keyboard control direction the highlight works so press down to open file menu & choose run new task
in next pop up, type CMD and before pressing enter use the tab key to highlight the choice Create this task with admin privileges , use the + key on your numpad to tick the box (this took a lot of experimentation to work out right keys to get this far)
now use tab to get down to OK and press enter
this will load a Command Prompt with admin access
type sfc /scannow and press enter

once its...

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you done a restart since updating Nvidia drivers?

from desktop, hit ctrl alt del
on next screen choose task manager
press alt when window pops up, this will highlight the word file in toolbar, the 4 direction keys on keyboard control direction the highlight works so press down to open file menu & choose run new task
in next pop up, type CMD and before pressing enter use the tab key to highlight the choice Create this task with admin privileges , use the + key on your numpad to tick the box (this took a lot of experimentation to work out right keys to get this far)
now use tab to get down to OK and press enter
this will load a Command Prompt with admin access
type sfc /scannow and press enter

once its completed,. type this into the same window and the spacing needs to be exact or windows will throw an error at you
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter

SFC cleans and fixes system files, DISM cleans the image that SFC uses to fix the files, so if SFC found files it couldn't fix first time, re run it and then restart PC

Solution