And my monitors res is 1680x1050 which is 16:10
well the problem is when i connect my ps4 to the monitor it says no signal
Also my monitors model is : AOC 230Vw+
pleassseeeee help me

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
My monitor dosen't have an hdmi port so i had to buy a dvi-d - hdmi cable

What cable did you buy?
Most won't be bi-directional and are named SOURCE-DISPLAY, so you'd need HDMI to DVI-D, not DVI-D to HDMI.

However
  • If your monitor is Dual-Link DVI, you'd need an adapter.... Most are either passive (so not DL) or outright junk/fake.
  • if your monitor actually has DVI-I (analog), you'd need an active adapter to convert the digital (HDMI) to analog (DVI-I)
And my monitors res is 1680x1050 which is 16:10

That's a resolution that could've been handled via analog, so you might be dealing with DVI-I

Also my monitors model is : AOC 230Vw+

That's a power spec, not a model number...

Oct 15, 2020
What cable did you buy?
Most won't be bi-directional and are named SOURCE-DISPLAY, so you'd need HDMI to DVI-D, not DVI-D to HDMI.

However
  • If your monitor is Dual-Link DVI, you'd need an adapter.... Most are either passive (so not DL) or outright junk/fake.
  • if your monitor actually has DVI-I (analog), you'd need an active adapter to convert the digital (HDMI) to analog (DVI-I)

That's a resolution that could've been handled via analog, so you might be dealing with DVI-I

That's a power spec, not a model number...
thanjks for the reply but you can try searching that and the monitors manual will come up for you

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
thanjks for the reply but you can try searching that and the monitors manual will come up for you

Perhaps you can share that search result? As that's a reading from a power label as far as I'm aware, not a model number.

AOCs model numbers tend to include the size, in round numbers (so 19.5 would be 20) and sometimes the refresh rate (likely 60 in this case).

What cable did you buy?
Though generally true, SL-DVI DVI/HDMI is the exception to this, the adapters really are just wires, so DVI-HDMI (single-link) adapters will work both ways, and all DVI-HDMI adapters are single-link.
However
Even if the monitor had dual-link DVI capability, it should still accept and work with single-link signals. Since 1680×1050 (presumably at 60 Hz) is well within the limits of SL-DVI it's unlikely the monitor supports dual-link signals anyway.

As for analog, all DVI ports are required to support digital DVI signals. DVI-I adds support for analog, but it's in addition to digital signals. There are no "analog-only" DVI ports on monitors, other than I think 1 or 2 models of CRT from 2000 that were the first on the market after the DVI specification was published, and manufacturers didn't know what they were doing yet.

By all accounts, it should be working with the adapter, so I can only think that either the cable/adapter is bad (can you test it with another device?) or the PS4 might not support 1680×1050 (unlikely, since it should still be able to fall back to other standardized formats). Or maybe the monitor hasn't been changed to DVI input :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Barty1884
Oct 15, 2020
Thank you so much and sorry i said cable on accident
What i have is this :
IMG_20201016_142723.jpg
IMG_20201016_142732.jpg

And tbh i think it's broken cuz i feel that the hdmi dosen't go all the way in
And also here is the monitor manual :
http://www.aocmonitorap.com/manuals/4203vw.pdf