I can't decide on a laptop, can you help me decide?

Shawn Dunmire

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
I have an iPhone, I often enjoy being able to seamlessly text friends overseas using iMessage. I also currently have a 2012 MBP 15" but it's on its way out. USB stopped working, charger needs replacing, I'm just going to get a new laptop. That's where I need your help.

I am woeful of the 2016/2017 new MBP with no ports but I'm not a heavy port user and having 1 dongle would be all I need. The 2015 MBP is also an option, save money, have all the ports, etc.

However I've also been looking in the windows realm, XPS 15, spectre x360 15" with the pen, I enjoy the idea of a touch screen. Could probably save $500 going with a windows laptop. And i'd still have my iphone for facetime and iMessage. I would miss being able to communicate from my laptop though.

Does anyone have experience with this dilemma? I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. Thanks for any insight.

Solution
Depends on what your idea of high end is. Me,personally high end is nothing short of a gaming laptop that has a true quad core i5 or quad core hyper threaded i7. But as for your budget and assuming you want that nice 1440p or 4k display the XPS line is fantastic. Especially tye new models with infinity display and near 15 hour battery life.

Shawn Dunmire

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Thanks for that info! i've seen things like that, they work "ok".
So you're siding on the windows side? what high build quality, beatufiul screen, laptop would you buy with $1500

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Depends on what your idea of high end is. Me,personally high end is nothing short of a gaming laptop that has a true quad core i5 or quad core hyper threaded i7. But as for your budget and assuming you want that nice 1440p or 4k display the XPS line is fantastic. Especially tye new models with infinity display and near 15 hour battery life.

Solution

Shawn Dunmire

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Being able to play League, Diablo 3, WoW, is all I need, I don't need a powerhouse gaming laptop. My idea of high end is build quality, and the coil whine and other issues ive seen TONS of x360 and XPS have makes me cautious to consider.