I can't download certain programs or my graphics drivers.

macawsareawesome

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Ok so every single time I try to download my graphics drivers or even try to open my volume mixer I get this message - https://gyazo.com/a92c4a90da93802c0b7e896df0238834 - and yes I have tried messing with my internet settings and turning them to default. Nothing seems to work, some programs like discord and battle.net also stopped opening whatsoever around when this started. Any help is appreciated.

natx808

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
theres two areas in internet explorer Tools -> OPtions I would suggest to reset to default. On the security tab and the advanced tab.

Try this also - navigate to where you downloaded the file, right click the file and choose properties. Click Unblock at the bottom and it should let you run it.

As far as programs not opening, that sound strange, what kind of error do you get with those?

Perhaps a policy is blocking them, run gpedit.msc and look in Computer Configuration/Policies/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Software restriction Policies/additional rules

BTW) install windows 10.. win xp is insecure and no longer supported my MS! You can install win 10 home for free, don't need to purchase it. It will just remind you its unpurchased but it is mostly fully functional.

macawsareawesome

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Forgot to mention that I'm using windows 7, and when programs just don't open its really just that. When I click a program it doesn't open, and I tried to re download although then I just get the downloading problem again.

macawsareawesome

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Forgot to mention that I'm using windows 7, and when programs just don't open its really just that. When I click a program it doesn't open, and I tried to re download although then I just get the downloading problem again.

macawsareawesome

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017