Question I can't enter the BIOS

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
I've got new keyboard for my PC. It's works fine but it won't entering the BIOS. I've reseted CMOS and ı'm pressing F1 but nothing happened. My old keyboard was PS 2 i'm thinking it could be happening that. I can't using my PC i should set the BIOS settings.
My Specs:

Intel Xeon X5450 3 GHz CPU
Asus ROG Commando Mobo
AMD FirePro V5800 1GB GDDR5 128 Bir GPU
2x4 Kingston DDR2 800 MHz RAM (8GB Total)
HDD1: Samsung HD155UI 1.5 TB 5400 RPM(Primary)
HDD2: Samsung HD250HJ 250 GB 7200 RPM
HDD3: Samsung SP0411N 40 GB 7200 RPM
PSU: SilverStone Strider 500W 80+ Bronze

PerplexedMatt

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Hi there,

Entering the BIOS can be different for each motherboard. For example, on my motherboard you press delete to enter the BIOS. You can try pressing a few different buttons. Common ones are Delete, F1, and F11. Identifying your exact motherboard could be a big help. If you can get the precise model and chipset that could lead to more information. Also, do you hear any beeps when you turn the computer on? Or see anything on the monitor?

Matt

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
It's a Keyboard thing.
The PS/2 initialises as soon as the PC is switched on.
The USB ones don't.
Just plug both in at the same time, it won't hurt it. That's what I did.
The problem PS/2 one is dead. I'll get PS/2 Keyboard and try it again. Yeah bios not delecting usb one while booting. Thanks.

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
Hi there,

Entering the BIOS can be different for each motherboard. For example, on my motherboard you press delete to enter the BIOS. You can try pressing a few different buttons. Common ones are Delete, F1, and F11. Identifying your exact motherboard could be a big help. If you can get the precise model and chipset that could lead to more information. Also, do you hear any beeps when you turn the computer on? Or see anything on the monitor?

Matt
The problem usb one not delecting by bios at booting. My Mobo had P965 Chipset and very well overclocking capacity. I can hit 4 GHz+ with that Mobo. It had AmiBIOS Delete enter BIOS F1 enter setup F2 load defaults. Not getting beep sounds that problem just a reseted CMOS if i can enter BIOS i'll set the settings and it'll work fine. I'll try with different PS/2 Keyboard.